Why Waking Up at 5:20 In The Morning Is So Great

I have always been someone that loves to sleep in and stay up super late, but changing my habits has me feeling better and more accomplished in my days.

9

Personally, about two weeks ago if I would've read this title I would've skipped this post and gone forward to the next because I used to be someone that could physically not light was flooding through my window and the alarm had gone off twenty times already. However, I want to challenge you all to stay and read because you may want to implement this habit into your life or you may not and think that I am crazy for doing this. Who nows? I can't read your mind.

So, it all started with moving into my sorority house and I am roommates with two super awesome chicks that push me to become a better version of myself, but that's beside the point! Anyways, one of my roommates decided that she was going to go and workout in the morning with some other women in the house because she has a crazy busy schedule and just wanted to get her workout down in the morning so that she didn't have to worry about it the rest of the day. I thought that it was pretty cool and so I decided that I wanted to join her.

Let's just say that those first few days you are so incredibly tired, but you feel like you've already conquered your day and it's only seven a.m. My mornings look like this: I wake up at 5:20 a.m. then eat breakfast, work out, and eventually I go back to the house so that I can get ready for school. I finally leave the house at 7:30 to get to my eight a.m. on time and although it may seem like a lot, I've learned that it gets easier everyday.

1. Discipline

One of the biggest things that I've learned from this whole experience is how to be disciplined even when you really do not want to show up. Truthfully the hardest part of the whole thing is getting out of bed because once you're out you might as well continue forward with what you're doing.

2. Eat

Please, eat something substantial before you go because you don't you will have a harder time putting your all into your workout. Trying to workout on an empty stomach is like trying to run through sand, it's hard, you're slow, and you want to give up. If you eat something like oatmeal or toast before you go, you'll feel a million times more energized and ready to tackle what's in front of you.

3. Naps

I once heard somewhere that a 22 minute nap is all that is needed to feel rejuvenated. Which this doesn't seem like a real thing to me but I tried it today and it completely worked! I felt rejuvenated and I also felt not grogginess afterwards. I call it a win, win for sure.

So, yes! I would say that waking up and crawling out of bed to work out at 5:30 a.m. is not so glamorous, but it has been a life changing thing so far and I plan on continuing!