Working In Working Out

Working In Working Out

A sound body makes a sound mind

7160
Working In Working Out

As a college student attempting to conquer passing grades as well as balance social skills, it is often hard to find time to work on one’s self, not just mentally, but physically.

When you are attending classes in the day, studying in the afternoon and trying to have a social life in the evening, college students often overlook essential aspects of healthy living. These aspects include, but are not limited to, eating healthier and finding time to exercise. Many college students often put these activities on the back burner because they cannot find the time or it is simply a lot cheaper not to. Well, I am here to tell you that living a healthier life on a college schedule and budget is definitely possible and rather easy.

The first aspect that is necessary for a healthier life is exercise. When most people think of exercising, they often think of working out like the next bodybuilding champion or running a marathon. If this is something you strive for then, by all means, shoot for the stars! In actuality, exercise can be something as easy as going for a walk after dinner or doing a couple sit-ups before bedtime.

As a student at the University of Florida, you have a plethora of options when it comes to places and opportunities for exercise. Even if you can only take a 20 minute study break, a short jog is doable. There is nothing too small when to comes to exercise. Even if you decide to walk to the stadium after class, you have limitless ways to work out: run up and down the steps, run around the concourse, do exercises on the bleachers for your abs. Even if you aren't the most in-shape person out there, at least you are getting out there and doing something.

The most important aspect that most college students overlook is the idea of eating healthy. Following a long day of studying or finding that there isn't enough time to prepare something to eat, many students will turn to delivery services or fast food as their source of nutrients. While this is the cheapest and quickest alternative, as is often said, nothing worth having comes easy.

Yes, Domino's is probably the most delicious and rewarding meal you can imagine, but think of how your hot spring break body will feel about this choice. I am here to tell you that eating healthy is something that can be done cheaply and on a busy schedule.

Let me introduce you to the genius new fad of the decade: meal prepping. All you need for this process to be successful is a couple of Glad containers and microwavable ingredients. At most grocery stores, you can find bags of microwavable vegetables and chicken that can be cooked and packaged in minutes. All you need to do is find a small bit of time in your weekend, prepare these meals for the week ahead and refrigerate them until you are ready to eat. It is quick, and if you catch the right deals, you can do it cheaply.