A Word Of Advice From A College Senior

A Word Of Advice From A College Senior

It's true what they say, time flies when you're having fun.

250
A Word Of Advice From A College Senior
Facebook

As my senior year comes to a close, I can't help but reminisce on all of the memories I have created over the past four years. Thankfully, I still have an extra semester left, but wow does time fly. I am jealous of those of you who still have two or even three years ahead of you still. Now you might not be too happy about it but I want you to embrace it. Soon, you'll be miles away from the people you call your best friends and working 40 hours a week. I'm sure when the time comes, we will find a way to make it fun but right now it seems terrifying.

It seems like just yesterday I was walking across the stage at my high school graduation and in a few days, some of you will be walking across the stage at your college graduation. It's crazy to think that in these four short years, I've made thousands of memories and so many great friends that I hope to have by my side for a long time.

So, to all of you who still have time left in college, take advantage of it.

Sure, school comes first. That's why we are here right? But don't forget to have fun. If that means staying up until 5:30 a.m. hanging out with friends, do it! You'll remember the moments you spent with friends but I can guarantee you won't remember that "great night of sleep" you got because you went to bed at 7 p.m. Another word of advice? Call your parents. Fill them in on all the fun you're having because up until college, they were by your side every step of the way. They miss you and they are excited to hear about what's going on in your life!

I am so incredibly thankful to have one more semester left at UIUC and I can't wait to make the most out of it. To all of the friends I have made, thank you for making my college experience a blast and a half. I wouldn't have it any other way!