Women Inequality In The Workplace

Women Inequality In The Workplace

There is inequality in every aspect of life

670
Women Inequality In The Workplace

Gender inequality is giving people different opportunities based on what their gender is. Gender inequality is something that occurs all over the world not just in the United States. It is mostly found and talked about among women, but men experience it too. Stereotypes are somewhat like inequality in the sense that men and women have their own assumptions that they give others based on who they think this person is, how this person acts, and what they are involved in. The typical stereotype for men and women would be that men typically go out and work all day while the women stay at home and take care of the children and house. This statement is saying that men are the providers for the family with money and women do all the housework. This statement is unfair to women and just puts us down as another stereotype.

Gender inequality in the work field is one of the top aspects of inequality among men and women. Gender stereotyping is what starts off this inequality. People experience gender inequality right from when they are picking a career for themselves. While you are in elementary school this is not seen as a big deal because everyone wants to be something extravagant at that age. The problem is when one gets older and starts to deal with stereotypes and basically just bullies things change. When picking a career later in life people are thinking about a career that they want to pursue they think of the stereotypes that go along with it. Once older, these stereotypes become more relevant in one's life whether you confront them or not. Most people go along with the stereotypes that jobs are given. This can lead to the hiring manager going along with those stereotypes which then leads to perpetuating gender inequality further into the work field.

Advertisements are everywhere. Based on how things are worded and what exact words are used can be stereotyped towards men or women more so than both genders. Some words that can be more associated with male-dominated work areas are leader, competitive, and dominant. Some words that can be more associated with female-dominated work areas are support, understand, and interpersonal.

Women nowadays are become less "stay-at-home moms" and more work-oriented. Because of this women need jobs and because of gender inequality in the work field jobs are being taken away from the women that deserve them the most. There is a lack of female leadership among companies. The problem for women being able to provide for their family are the higher opportunities and promotions in their work field are being taken away from them. The reason for this is gender inequality. A lot of people believe that gender inequality for women is because they are less educated to get those higher-paying jobs or that women choose not to have higher-paying jobs. In 2019, 56% of associate degree earners were women, 56% of bachelor's degree earners were women, and 53% of a master's degree higher were women. This disproves the argument because it is saying that the average degree earners for women are higher than men. Which means that women are rightly educated. The reason women might not be choosing higher-paying jobs in the first place is not because of their education, it is because gender inequality is making them not want to even apply for certain jobs. The last thing women want to do is go into a new job that they are excited about and get bashed for it.