Why You Should Listen To Jessie Ware

Why You Should Listen To Jessie Ware

Perfect mix of chill vibes and groove.

291
Why You Should Listen To Jessie Ware
conversations about her

Jessie Ware is a soul-pop chanteuse that hails from London, England. She found moderate success with the help of fellow British artist Jack Peñate and SBTRKT (pronounced: subtract). She assumed the role as a backup singer for a bit of time with Peñate. She learned the ropes of how others perform and how to rid herself of nerves if she faced the opportunity to have her own show. You may have heard Ware on a guest spot of Nicki Minaj's song "The Crying Game". Now that she has attained her vocal prowess, she has proven herself as an underrated act in music today. Here is why:

1. Her voice

Ware possesses the vocal range of a Soprano. Her incredible voice isn't overused but generously sung. When she needs to belt, however, it has very effective results, a prime spot on your next playlist. She has the vocal power that will keep you in suspense, with delicate coos, but followed with strong notes. Her vocal delivery is quite smooth, and at times, effortless. I would personally describe her voice to have the consistency of dripping honey. Her song "Night Light" off of her debut album Devotion, is a prime example of her fluid delivery.

"Taking in Water", houses one of Ware's strongest and most emotive vocal deliveries of her career. The song is also off of Devotion, which has been critically acclaimed.

2. Her lyrics

Ware has an arsenal of personal lyrics. They are no bounds between the lines of a lover or a significant other. Her song "Wildest Moments" was inspired by an argument with her best friend. She explains that even "in our wildest moments, we can be the worst of all". This shows her personable nature and how she expresses the love in her life. "Taking In Water" (listen below) was written to relieve her brother from the harsh times he was suffering from. She sings of how important he is to her and how special he is in Ware's life.

Ware also has a knack for refreshing lyrics. She usually sings about her own desires of romance. For example, her somber single "Night Light" is a love song to her boyfriend. She croons "(He) lets me in when I don't deserve to be, I wish he caught, how this heart soars". This exemplifies her vulnerability and self-awareness.

Ware has also been able to balance her self-esteem, instead of dwelling into self-inadequacy. "Still Love Me" tackles coming back into a relationship. Ware used to be a self proclaimed "insecure" girl, but the following lyric set displays her self-disclosure, but is handled with dignity. "If I make myself understood. Will you treat me like you know you should."

3. Type of music

In the course of her career, Jessie Ware has performed across multiple genres of music. Her staple is pop music with blends of R&B, soul and electronica elements. Ware has been praised for her cohesive production as her luscious highs and sweet lows make the listen all the more enjoyable. Ware's tracks consist of mostly down-tempo and mid-tempo paces. The song "Imagine It Was Us" threw the curve ball to any box music critics tried to place her in. This club spirited track showcases the extent of how her voice can mesh with mostly any pop genre. So, if you're in the mood to dance, she still has your back, in style.

4. Visuals and image

Ware has a very sophisticated image. To present her vulnerable lyrics, she brings an elegance to the table. While most pop stars are notoriously nude, Ware puts the weight of her meaning into her music. The presentation is just an added plus, filled with chic eye candy. Her polished way of dress and bubbly personailty make her image all the more satisfying and enjoyable. Seen below in a track by track commentary, Ware dosen't take herself too seriously, but leaves the viewer with her charm.

When Ware isn't busy being buddy-buddy with Adele, she is currently in the process of recording her third studio album. Form her track record, it seems to be a promising project.