Why You Should Be Supporting To Write Love On Her Arms

$1.5 million donated to treatment and recovery.

To Write Love on Her Arms is a nonprofit organization founded by Jamie Tworkowski is 2007. It started out as a simple desire to help a friend, Renee Yohe, who was struggling with depression, self-injury, addiction, and suicidal thoughts. Tworkowski began selling t-shirts in an effort to raise money to pay for Yohe's treatment, and he later named the story "To Write Love on Her Arms."

Today, TWLOHA sells clothing, books, accessories and more to spread mental health and addiction awareness, and to give hope to those who are struggling. Their merchandise is often designed with powerful messages or phrases such as, "And So I Kept Living" and "Love Is Still The Most Powerful Force On The Planet."

Now that you know a little bit about what this organization is all about, let me show you some impressive stats.

TWLOHA has donated over 1.5 million dollars to treatment and recovery and granted funding to 73 unique organizations and counseling practices.

TWLOHA has shipped merchandise representing mental health and addiction awareness to 74 countries.

TWLOHA has responded to 180,000 messages from people in over 100 countries around the world.

TWLOHA has shared over 600 blog posts from contributors who wanted to let others know that they aren't alone in their pain.

Sounds like this nonprofit is doing some pretty amazing things, huh? Because it is! TWLOHA has given hope and real help to so many people around the world, including myself. If you feel so inclined, check out the official website (www.twloha.com) to learn more, buy a cool shirt, or even donate some money!