Why The World Should Be Worried

Why The World Should Be Worried

Because we live in a society where the worst has become a norm.

19
Why The World Should Be Worried
NY Daily News

Hello World,

I'm worried about you, us. Lately, you've seemed distressed. Maybe just a little divided too. I'm not saying by race either, you know It's by class, religion, and more. Every day I walk around and what seems like what used to be just a made up scenario or events is now becoming reality. Hearing bout another death, politics, shooting, rape, or war has become the daily cycle of life. We are killing ourselves with judgment, bias, and ignorance and honestly World I don't think it's gonna stop. People everywhere are lost really lost, but is there any hope left?. All I have is one question for you ...

Should I be worried?

Why The World Should Be Worried

1. We Are Divided

We are divided to the core. Maybe you can blame it on human error and the foundation our country was established on. Maybe you can blame it on the morals of humanity. Regardless of what divides a nation we can not and will not stand if we are divided. We must become united. All of our social biases and prejudices must end. We can not continue to judge people on merely descriptive adjectives.We are all foreigners in America and the whole "I was here first" and we are natives argument has been invalid since Columbus landed on "India." Just because someone wears a different skin tone, clothing brand, believes in a different religion, or relationship status is not enough to tear someone down. If we continue to tear each other down the very place we live will go with it.

2. We Are Lost

We naturally look for leadership. We look for a leader in all the wrong places. We let social media, articles, and the news lead us. They not only lead our feelings, but our lives. We let these things lead us in the wrong directions. We would look to Facebook for information before we ever opened a book. We would rather live a life of ignorance than to actually find the truth.

3. We Are Blind

We never act unless it happens to us. Unless your family member is directly effected no one ever says anything. We have social blinders. We have learned to fight to the finish and it doesn't matter who we destroy on the way up. That is not how we should want to live. You should see your neighbor struggling and want to help. You should want to help way before you see the shootings, bombings, rape, wrecks and more on CNN. We live in a country where elementary children are shot and killed in school, people are murdered in church, and rapists spending time in jail for 3 months for good behavior and the list goes on. Every single day the list of the impossible become possible and we have yet to actually see it.

4. We Are Hopeless

We not only reject change, we have no sight for it. Change in today's society is about as common as water in the desert. That being very rare and extremely treasured when found. Let me not kill people's dreams, but one individual will not change the would alone. We may find a leader in one but every great leader needs followers. They need people who will go to the lengths of the world to spread their message. So as a society how are we supposed to criticize any other being, culture, or religion when we can't even do what is vital to our survival which is coming together. It is one thing to have doubt on progress, but to have no hope in progress is detrimental.