Why The Holiday Season Is The Best Time Of The Year

Embrace the holiday spirit as much as you can

126
Tumblr

With stuffed tummies full of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and much more, the holiday season is just getting started. This time of the year is a time for giving and receiving, eating until you can’t move, cozy lazy days, spending time with friends, family and loved ones, and most importantly, spreading love and joy to anyone and everyone around you. All of these and more are reasons why the holiday season is the best time of the year.

Being an easily excited person, things as little as the sight of snow, hearing my favorite Christmas song or even the smell of homemade cookies all contribute to the amount of joy I feel throughout the holidays. A personal favorite activity of mine is spending all day on the couch watching cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies while drinking hot chocolate, hot cider or tea and being cuddled up against by my dogs. There’s no better time to feel as cozy and comfy as one can feel than during the holidays.

Spending time with friends and family during the holidays is undoubtedly always a time well spent. What more could one ask for than being surrounded by the people who love and know them best? Whenever I’m around my friends and family, my heart is so full. New memories are made, and old ones are reminisced upon, laughs are shared, tears are shed, and smiles are spread. Coming from a family-oriented background, time with family and friends is never taken for granted making each and every moment special.

As I mentioned before, tummies are most definitely full of delicious food and far too much dessert, but in my opinion, there can never be TOO much dessert. Thanksgiving and Christmas (or any other celebrated holiday) meals are the best, leading almost everyone to go get seconds.

Although it can be stressful trying to find the perfect gift for someone, once you find it and see the smile on their face as they open it, there’s no better feeling. Giving is a huge theme around the holidays and it’s definitely not only applicable to giving gifts. A warm smile, a hug or even a simple “please” or “thank you” are most definitely always appreciated year-round, and especially during this time of year. Taking the time to make someone’s day a little more joyful can especially be rewarding during the holiday season, you’ll find that you’ve given yourself the gift of happiness and joy as well.

The holiday season is definitely a magical time of year. All of the decorations, traditions and festivities are prime contributors as to why it’s so wonderful and jolly. Embrace the holiday spirit as much as you can, dance to your favorite Christmas tunes, take advantage of the snow before it turns into mush-build a snowman, go sledding or even just admire the beautiful crystal-like surface as it is! Give whatever you can to those around you, spend time with friends and family, watch as many holiday movies as your heart desires, find the tackiest Christmas sweater and wear it with pride. Do whatever it takes to make your holiday season a special one, and help those around you to do the same!