Why The Dallas Cowboys Won't Win Another Game This Season

ESPN had it right all along.

22
(Left To Right) Dallas Morning News/ USA Today/ ESPN

That's it! Yesterday was the last straw. The final win the Cowboys will have in 2016. The experts at ESPN (I'm looking at you Stephen A. Smith) had the Cowboys finishing the season 8-8. And after week 1 boy were they elated. The "accident waiting to happen" just happened against the Giants. The experts seemed to be right, and the Cowboys seemed destined for another subpar season...

Yet here we are now. "How about then Cowboys!" can be heard ringing throughout the air in every corner of the lone star state. Nine weeks later and America's team sits atop the NFC. Eight wins in a row, defeating the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben, along with wins over the arch rival Eagles and the overhyped Redskins. Not only that, but the Cowboys just seem to get better and better every time they step on the field. With Dez now healthy and making plays like the ones he made yesterday, the ceiling for this team just keeps getting higher.

Not only is Dez hitting stride, but 'Zeke is far removed from that week 1 2.5 yards-per-carry performance. Having over 200 yards and 3 TD's yesterday (along with the game winner) the NFL's leading rusher looks poised to keep tracking up as this season progresses.

The defense is clicking, Dez is starting to come into form, Zeke is showing he was worth the #4 overall pick, the play calling has been great, everything seems to be going great, and none of that is even the best thins we have going for us this season.

Dak Prescott. 4th round pick. Rookie. Was a backup.

Now he's an MVP Candidate.

Dak Prescott has shocked the world and gone from a late round project to the face of America's team in the span of only a few months. He is a humble guy who leads by the example and the team has wholly responded to him taking the reigns. When Romo went down with yet another back injury Prescott stepped up and filled the role masterfully. When there was a big chance Dak would have to sit when Tony got healthy, Prescott was open about how he was just wanted his team to win and how he would make sure he didn't become a distraction. Well, his play had made sure that won't happen. With the announcement coming out that Romo will backup Dak next week it seems that everything is finally moving in the right direction in big D.

That's something Cowboys Nation hasn't been able to say for a very long time. Their team is young and athletic yet it plays poised and mature. The Cowboys look like the team of the future.

But too bad this season none of that matters and it's all coming to an end. As we all know, all those million dollar analysts at ESPN couldn't possibly have been this wrong about our Cowboys, could they?