Why Should You Care Who I Vote For?
Politics

Why Should You Care Who I Vote For?

We're each allowed to vote for who we will.

5
Why Should You Care Who I Vote For?
onlyinyourstate

This election year has been a roller coaster for everyone, that's no secret. With Bernie out of the picture, many are calling this the battle of the two evils even if there is a third party candidate. One must pick the lesser of the two, Trump or Hillary. The liar or the idiot. The killer or the narcissist. These are other's words that I have heard.

It has left everyone taking sides. But in a more drastic manner than the previous elections. Each side posts hate and mockery about the opposing candidate. We stop caring that we are other human beings, because we disagree.

There is fighting, no, tearing at each other's throats over who is going to vote for who. The American people have thrown their decency to the wind this year. Last election, while I was too young to vote, there was not this strong of hate between the two sides. This election, hate fills the air and makes it thick and black.

Why does it matter, really? True, we each want "our" candidate to win, and thus we encourage friends and speak fondly of those who have our favor. Our votes matter and each of us should take advantage of this right that we all fought for. But should our votes tear apart life long friendships?

We are all hopefully going to vote, but who we vote for is ultimately our choice. Why should we lose those we love over these decisions? We each have our own opinions about everything. While this is the future leader of our country, our opinions should not tear apart friendships.

When a lifelong best friend can look me in the eyes, when I express distaste for one canididate, and tell me he isn't going to be my friend anymore if I vote for the candidate he assumes I will vote for, that's when I know this has gone too far. I personally do think one of the candidates is vile than the other, but who that is is my business.

I don't care who you vote for, so long as you really truly have solid reasoning for voting for that person. You shouldn't care who I vote for if you care about me, either.