Why Rock Music Should Never Be Forgotten By Our Youngest Generation

Ever since I was young, all I can remember listening to while growing up was classic rock and all the great memories that came with it.

23
Flickr

Rock music has evolved so much over the years ever since the 50s and has become one of the most popular music genres. There are so many different types of rock music which makes it so versatile for everyone to listen to. Rock music has thousands of amazing artists and bands associated with the genre as well. Overall, rock is such a versatile genre that includes so many amazing songs, albums, and artists.

The Beginning Of Rock n’ Roll

Rock music has been around ever since the 1950s and has been evolving over the past 70 years. Chuck Berry, an iconic black rock n' roll artist was the first one to actually invent the genre of rock. Even though the music industry promoted white idols such as Elvis Presley, Berry didn't let that get to him and continued his passion to create music for everyone to listen to. Black rockers stopped recording in the later '50s and then the white rockers took over. Rock and roll was inherited by white singers, such as Presley, who often performed songs composed by unknown black musicians. As time passed in the music industry and the 1960s hit, rock music kept on getting more and more popular.

Formation Of Worldwide Success 

The formation of the Rolling Stones began in the '60s and the band was a sensation in London and went on to have some of the most successful songs and albums made in the era. More and more bands were being formed, such as Cream and Led Zeppelin who upped the ante when they started playing very loud blues music. Cream's lengthy solos and Led Zeppelin's fast riffs created the famously known genre, "hard rock". The Beatles were soon to be formed as well and were a band that went on to achieve worldwide success. Rock music as a major business was born.

Love For The Music

Rock music has such a long and amazing history to it which is a huge reason why it is still such a popular genre to this day. A huge reason why rock is so intriguing to so many people is that rock artists play their own instruments live which really captivates their audiences and inspires so many people to learn how to play their own instruments. Rock just never gets old as a genre and continues to motivate people to listen to it.

As different genres of music such as Hip Hop, and Pop continue to become more and more popular, I can only hope that rock n' roll continues to inspire many people, including myself, and stay popular forever.

From Your Site Articles