Why I'm So Thankful To Be A Member Of Odyssey

Specifically the MO State community!

4

I'm not gonna lie, I have been, and still am a little nervous about going into my freshman year of college. I don't know what to expect and I won't know very many people on campus, and it's just a pretty big adjustment all around. I was so grateful and excited when I received a DM from one of the Missouri State Odyssey representatives, because it seemed like the perfect group for me, and it's honestly turned out to be so much better than I ever imagined it would be.

Firstly, the bases of Odyssey is just perfect for me. Writing is one of my absolute favorite things, but I didn't plan on majoring in journalism, so I was kind of sad that I'd be missing out on one of my favorite hobbies. When I was first introduced to the idea of the group, I was hooked because you just get to write. That's just kind of a dream come true for me.

Not only did I get to write, but I could literally write about anything I wanted. There's no topic limits. Whatever I feel like writing about, I get to write. I have a really good time with that, because I just get to speak my mind. The only time I don't like it is when I have writers block, then I wish that someone would tell me what to write.

Honestly, all of that is great, but there's a better part to the group, that's specific to Missouri State's group. The other writers in our group are so amazing. We plan fun hangouts together and we all talk all the time. They're all so supportive and they're always more than willing to help with any problem you have, from topic ideas, to personal problems, to school questions. I'm so grateful for all of them.

I would be so much more nervous to be starting school if I wasn't a member of this group, and I can't think of a better one to be a part of. I knew I was going to enjoy it, but I'm honestly surprised by just how much I love the group and all the people in it. I'm so grateful for all of the friends I've made because of it so far, and I highly recommend joining an Odyssey group if your school offers it.