Why I'm In Love With Christmas

Why I'm In Love With Christmas

It's The Happiest Time of The Year

54
Why I'm In Love With Christmas
Liza Brown

It seems like every single year I get even more excited about the holidays, especially Christmas! However, this year I have an Obsessive Christmas Disorder (OCD). According to Urban dictionary, OChristmasD is "any adult that is overly excited about Christmas and has a more than normal preoccupation with Christmas decorations and clothing or has more than two Christmas Trees." I for sure don't have two Christmas trees but I do carry lots of Christmas spirit!

So, I would like to share 20 reasons why I love Christmas so much!!!

1. The aftermath of finals

So weather you passed or failed your classes, the Christmas joy is there for you! and it gives you a reason to not care at all.

2. House decorations

Every time I pass by houses full of Christmas decorations, it makes me feel so excited knowing that the majority are competing with others to find out who has the best decorative home. The more competing, the more creative you get to see!

3. Opening presents

Just the mysterious excitement you get when you are about to open a present. Even if it is something you don't like at all, opening presents is better than the gift in my opinion. It is an intense job...

4. Worst Christmas movies

TV channels always give you bad Christmas movies but you still watch them anyway 'cause it's Christmas.

5. You can drink champagne and not get judged by your parents

I don't know about you but when I was under 21, Christmas was the best time to drink with your parents. During this time of year, your parents can't yell at you 'cause its christmas and it's like a one time thing ya know?

6. George Michael's "Last Christmas"

I am not ashamed to admit that I still love this song. Apart from George's amazing hair, this song brings back so many memories.

7. You can lie quite convincingly about having a prior engagement when invited to parties

If you're one of those people who cancel on invites most of the time because you don't feel like going, and you make up a lame excuse, well... Christmas is the best excuse out of all!

8. Sharing family stories during Christmas Eve... and some can be embarrassing

9. Panettone

What else is there to say.. soft... and glorious piece of art... Best. Christmas. Breakfast.

10. Mariah Carey's performance of "All I Want For Christmas"

Don't get me wrong I love Mariah's singles and all, but her performance made me think that man oh man... Christmas is full of surprises!

11. Gingerbread

To be completely honest, I am not a fan of gingerbread. The taste makes me feel sad. But I do LOVE decorating it!

12. A Charlie Brown Christmas

One of the best Christmas movies.

13. The tree itself

Pretty self explanatory.

14. Fireplace and hot chocolate

Christmas gives me a reason to sit back and relax in front of the fireplace and enjoy a nice hot chocolate with Christmas songs playing in the background.

15. Pie

Just pie... the smell of pie...

16. Eggnog

Vanilla eggnog is my favorite! Topped with a little bit of cinnamon and you are good to go!

17. Spending time with family

18. It feels like magic

19. You see more familiar faces than on any other holiday

I don't know why but each time I go Christmas shopping in December, I see friends I stopped talking to or people I have seen in school before.

20. Spend it with your other half :)

Happy Holidays everyone!