I 'Rebranded' And You Should Too

I 'Rebranded' And You Should Too

After a year of taking s*** from people, I decided to change up what I'm all about.

9163
I 'Rebranded' And You Should Too

If you've read any of my previous posts, you know I've been through a lot when it comes to guys and college. From boys peeing in my room to being ghosted by seventeen-year-olds, I've had my fair share of unfortunate situations. But after years and years of just taking it and making a joke out of it, I've decided I'm done.

If you pee in my room, I'm not going to pine over you or think twice about trying to fix things—you're cut off. If you're seventeen-years-old, I'm not going to even think about going down that road again. If you ditch me to do drugs? Bye. If you ghost me? Apparently I dye my hair a completely different color and change my entire personal brand.

I've been a blonde since the day I was born. Everyone knows me as a blonde. Everyone loved me as a blonde. But everyone ghosted me as a blonde. So blonde? It's cancelled. I'm a brunette now and I'm not taking s*** from any frat guy or private school graduate who tucks his pants into his socks—no matter what. It's 2019, I'm a brunette, and the world collectively agrees that men are trash. So trash they will be.

I know it might sound ridiculous, but I'm taking this hair transformation as a rebranding of my personal image, and a rebranding of my mindset. It's like I'm a whole new person and I am living for it. On Halloween this past year, I dressed up as Mia from "Pulp Fiction", black wig and all. That night I felt a different kind of power—it was liberating. It was like I had an alter ego for the night and she didn't come to play. Well, now I have that alter ego every single day, and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Sometimes in order to make a change, you need a little push to get there. So dying my hair? It pushed me over the edge and helped me to work on myself this summer. If you want to better yourself but can't find the motivation, dye your hair. Become a new person in a way and almost force yourself to live up to the expectations of your reinvented self.

Ever since I dyed my hair, I've focused much more on my studies, my job, my body, and my relationships with other people. If something isn't right, I fix it. While before I would take anything as it was and refuse to acknowledge my ability to insinuate change, now I feel an overwhelming power that makes me feel like I can do anything.

As silly as it sounds, I am a new person. It's only been a few weeks, but it's made all the difference. And all it took was a box of brown hair dye.

Dye your hair. Rebrand yourself. I promise you won't regret it.