Why Gun Control Is A Load Of Crap
Politics

Why Gun Control Is A Load Of Crap

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

44
Why Gun Control Is A Load Of Crap
Huffington Post

Gun control has been a hot topic lately. The media gets a hold of a bad story involving a shooting and they run with it! Yes, these are terrible events, but the only gun related events we ever hear of are the bad situations. We never see the story about a legally armed citizen stopping a horrible situation using their gun.

Everyone has heard about the shooting at the night club in Orlando about a month ago; however, most people have not heard about another shooting that happened in South Carolina just a few days later. These two situations turned out very differently. In Orlando, the shooting resulted in a massacre because there weren't any other weapons in the building. In South Carolina, there was an armed citizen with a concealed carry permit who shot the man in the leg effectively ending the shooting without any casualties. There were several people injured, but without the law abiding citizen the outcome could have been the same as the one in Florida.

Yes, there are some legal gun holders that have committed violent crimes, but many times the individual doing the shooting has obtained the gun illegally just like the shooter from South Carolina did. Criminals will continue to find ways to obtain guns.

According to crimeresearch.org, 98.4 percent of mass shootings before July 10, 2016 occurred in gun free zones. Why? Because they are an easy target! There is no one to fight back because the law abiding citizens usually follow the rules and don't take their guns. It is a lot easier to shoot up a place where there is no one to return the fire.

There is a ton of evidence to support the theory that gun control does no good. If someone wants to harm a group of people they will. Someone who plans on committing a horrible slaughter is not going to let something as simple as gun control ruin their plans.

Bombing has become increasingly popular. On November 15, 2015, there was a group of 3 suicide bombers that struck in Paris, France. On March 22, 2016, the bombing in Brussels killed 32 people and injured over 300 more. On June 29, 2016, there was a bombing in Istanbul's Atatark airport (in this case, the bomber also had a gun, but the bulk of the injuries and deaths resulted from the actual bomb).

Yes, there have been some bombings in the U.S. such as the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 and the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013. This just further proves the point thay people don't need a gun to kill, and bombing are usually a lot more fatal than shootings.

In addition to bombings, stabbings can also occur. Japan is a country with strict gun control laws. They don't have a lot of gun related crime, but they do have other crimes such as mass stabbings like the one that happened just a few days ago. Incidents like the bombings and attacks just go to show that if someone wants to cause harm they will.

There are several statistics that show gun control is not the solution, but rather an increased ownership in guns is the solution. In 2012, Time magazine released an article on gun control comparing the U.S. to Switzerland. At the time, the U.S. had an average of 5 homicides per 100,000 people while Switzerland only had 0.5 homicides per 100,000 people. So, what's the difference? At the time, Switzerland had an estimated 2.3 million to 4.5 million firearms in circulation (and I'm sure that number is much higher now) and the country only had a population of 8 million. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to attempt to attempt a shooting in a place where almost everyone else could be pointing a gun back at me. The only mass shooting Switzerland has had in recent history was in 2001 which only resulted in 14 fatalities.

Personally, I believe this shows we don't have a gun problem. We have a hear problem. Our problem is that people are not taught love, safety and respect.