Why Going To The Same School As Your Parents Is Helpful

Your parents always know best.

1941
Today

Going to college is one of the biggest transitions many students will go through in their lives. A lot of students decide to go to the same school that their parents attended. It turns out, there are lots of benefits to attending the same university as your parents, and even your family members.

1. They give you good connections.

Since they went there "back in the day," they have all their friends that work in various job industries. This is extremely beneficial to you when looking for a job or internship.

2. They always have awesome stories

When they went to school the rules were not as strict. So basically they got away with lots of things that we can't. Hearing about all the things that they did is always a good time for everyone.

3. They help you learn the ins and outs of the school

Your parents are always your best guides through school, but knowing that they attended the same university as you really helps. They can tell you who you need to talk to in admissions or who to take for classes. It's a big benefit.

4. They give you ideas of crazy things to do in your downtime

This ties in with the awesome stories mentioned above. Whenever you are bored at school you have your parents' crazy ideas to fall back on. Although things are not exactly the same you can still attempt to do the crazy things that they did back in the day.

5. They are always willing to come and visit.

Family is always willing to come see you at school. They have friends who live in the area, or if it is a special event, then some people will travel to the school to see one another and spend time on campus.