6 Reasons Why Everyone Should Be In At Least One Relationship While In College

Don't diss it if you haven't tried it!

436
Date by December- Tumblr

We often hear that we should break up with our high school boyfriend before entering college, or not to date while in college, because your focus should be on yourself. But I’m here to tell you the complete opposite. I'm here to fill you in on why everyone in college needs to experience a real relationship.

Dating in college is very different from dating in high school. And no, it's not just because your mom isn't there to yell at you to keep your door open when you have that special someone in your room, but because college changes people. It really does.

College gives you a different perspective on life, and it is a time where people start to become who they want to be. People become responsible for themselves and their actions, and dating becomes a whole new creature in college.

1. People know how to handle their emotions by the time they're in college, which makes the whole relationship more mature and steady.

There is more communication and cooperation between you both, which enables a deeper understanding of one another in the relationship.

2. College can be the busiest time of your life between juggling school, work, and a job,o you're probably wondering why I'm telling you to add a boyfriend into the mix.

Trust me, when you're sitting in the library thinking about how you missed lunch to study for your upcoming test and you are now starving, you are going to want a significant other to bring you some In'N'Out or Starbs.

3. You no longer just hang out at parks or in your car, but instead, actually go out and do things that you and your partner enjoy, which makes you enjoy your partner even more.

4. Relationships in high school were very much effected by other students, and there always seemed to be someone starting gossip.

In college, there are too many people to even know who is dating who, and definitely not enough time to start any drama in relationships.

5. Going on dates and receiving unlimited amounts of love is never something to complain about, and c’mon, making others feel good about themselves is a good confidence booster for you both.

6. Having someone by your side through everything that college offers is a great feeling.

College can be difficult, and many people find themselves feeling lonely at some point, but not if you have a significant other. They are there for you no matter what and help you through everything.

I am not saying that if you're single you need to go get in a relationship, I'm just saying if you haven't been in a relationship since high school, you should check it out and try again.

Everyone deserves to be happy, whether it be alone or in a relationship, just don't be scared to put yourself out there and forget what everyone else says about dating in college. This world is full of amazing people, and by not dating in college, you may be missing out on a great relationship and a chance to discover yourself in ways you never have before.