Why Everyone Deserves A Vacation

Why Everyone Deserves A Vacation

Let's be real, you could use a few days off from all the stress that life throws at you.
125

I recently just came back from a trip with my family, and I'm starting to have mixed feelings about being home. Even though it was a much needed time off from school and work, I really needed it to feel healthier mentally, physically, and emotionally. When you're young, parents and teachers reiterate how important it is to have a good sleep schedule and to have time to openly think about things. However, when you're older, it gets harder and harder to believe your friends and family when they tell you to take some time off for yourself.

Let's be real, you could use a few days off from all the stress that life throws at you. We all know that stress isn't good for you and too much of it can eventually cause even more problems in your daily routine. What you actually need to be doing is catching up on sleep, eating various healthy foods, meeting up with old friends, and reading a book you haven't touched in awhile. This escape from reality is supposed to allow you to do things you haven't done in awhile and to spark more joy into your life.

There is this idea in a lot of our minds that a vacation has to be away from the home and at an exotic place on our beautiful planet; however, this is the wrong idea. Yoga, for example, is a great relaxation technique that can be done by people of all ages. A great thing about yoga is that you don't have to go somewhere special to partake in it, as it can be done in the comfort of your home. There are many other things you can do such as going to the pool to tan, treating yourself at a fancier restaurant, or simply enjoying a good chick flick with your girlfriends. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself to grow during these mini vacations that can even happen daily.

I know that not everyone has many vacation days, but pampering yourself for a few days will only do good, not harm. When you do choose to relax, you might even find yourself smiling and expressing your love more to the people you care so much about. I hope that you never forget to tell them how much you love them and treasure the days you do get to spend with them.

Whenever you go on your next trip, I hope you think of this as a time for you to lay back and relax because you deserve and need it. If you're someone who works non-stop to provide for your family, a high school or college student, or a young child, you may need time to get away from all the chaos in the world and let loose. Above all, everyone can spare a few days to remind themselves of the blessings they have and how amazing they truly are.