Why I Write

Why I Write

It may come as a big shocker, but I love it.

4
Why I Write
lallieperalejo

Writing has always been quite a passion of mine, and sometimes even an escape. Some people are good with words when they’re speaking, but I’m much more comfortable with writing. It makes you think, forces you to look at your audience, make a decision and try to captivate them. There’s only 26 letters in the alphabet, but there’s so much to be said with them. To me, words can be very powerful. They have the power to persuade, to hurt, to encourage, and to move.

I find it interesting how often people take to social media to explain their thoughts and feelings. Mostly, because it's all in writing. It's easier to share our personal experiences whenever we can write it down, rather than saying it face to face. Writing is how we get our point across, share ideas and feelings, and respond. It's amazing how much more willing we are to share our opinions. Writing it down allows us to think before we respond so we don't feel pressured to react in a certain time frame.

I won’t be boring you with the dramatic details of why I did or didn’t love my high school days, or why using whole wheat flour is better for baking than enriched. I’m not going to try to persuade you why one presidential candidate is more fit to serve than the other, no. I’m writing to bring some positivity and (hopefully) humor back into the writing world. So many people are persuaded that the only way their opinion will be heard is standing up and throwing it at the world, but, “You don't have to attend every argument you’re invited to” (unknown).

The world is a big, beautiful, mad place. From bad travel experiences, to my crazy life as a wife, nutty family and friends, and my rough time getting the hang of “adulting”, it may be interesting what writing potential I may hold. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the wild ride that is my life.