Why Change Is Necessary
Politics

Why Change Is Necessary

People hate change, but change is unavoidable for people and people need to be more open to change benefiting their lives and society.

159
https://images.pexels.com/photos/277615/pexels-photo-277615.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500
https://www.pexels.com/photo/choices-decision-doors-doorway-277615/

Change is a topic that scares most people and makes their anxiety go through the roof. People can be unhappy at their high school, college, job, trade school, and other daily places people go. People do not like moving places or changing houses that they have spent so much time in. The reason for this is because people are afraid of the new challenges and problems they may face with taking on a new situation. Changes happen to people every day and they are necessary to develop our society to get better.

People are afraid of change affecting their mental health because they become in such a daily routine and they get worried about the challenges ahead of them. Changes can be small or big and positive or negative, but we should always be open to new opportunities and chances to better ourselves. Change can develop unnecessary anxiety or depression for some people because they get all worked up and nervous about making the wrong choice. People have cognitive dissonance about every decision they make and that is when a person makes a decision and they think and wonder if that was the best outcome for their well-being. People let their mind take over and imagine the worst possible outcome or imagine bad outcomes for their choices. They feel change is always negative and could make their life worse, but that is not always the case.

There are plenty of cases where change has benefited society to make it a better place. The way school is taught has changed a lot and has caused more people to attend college to better themselves and further their education. Trade Schools and Tech Schools have become more popular to give students more experience and knowledge before they go out and get a job in some fields. Some older people do not think college is worth it due to the debt, but college has increased in attendance over the years because it is becoming more important and necessary for many jobs. Qualifications for jobs are changing and so is the pay rate due to the change in expectations. I remember 5 years ago I made minimum wage at $7.25 and now it's up to $10.10 in Maryland. Promotions can be scary due to the extra authority and responsibility, but they can cause a better finical situation for people and their family and can help the person grow and become more successful. These are some positive changes that can happen to people in their everyday lives and can not only benefit the person or the people around them but society too.

However, some changes are negative and do not benefit everyone. People get upset when the cost of a variety of necessary items that people must buy to survive, but that is just how the economy works. Food and gas prices change every other day and that depends on the supply and demand. The tax system changes and sometimes the taxes get raised, but there isn't anything people can do to change these problems. These problems are a part of life, but there are other ways people can change the way they think and feel based on the evolving times.

The point is even though change can sometimes be scary it is always happening and sometimes we do not even realize because it is so small. Some change can be beneficial, but some can also hurt or change the way you view some topics. The big factors are how a person can handle change and make the best of it to better themselves or society. People will not always get their way and sometimes things will no longer be accepted that used to be and that is usually for a good reason, so we as people must be open-minded and optimistic to the crazy world we live in. We as humans must work together to improve our lives as well as all the people in our society to live in the best world possible and learn to accept and embrace change.