Why as a 20-something-year-old, you should NEVER apologize for who you are

I have the biggest habit of saying sorrry for EVERYTHING even if it’s not my fault

31
gillian pena

Who else when you sit down on a plane or something, someone bumps into you and you say sorry?

I AM THE QUEEN OF THIS.

A man will bump into me and I'll say sorry or excuse me.

One of my favorite movies is A Simple Favor starring Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively. In this, Blake Lively is an unapologetic badass (even though later she turns out to be insane, but that's beside the point..). She has this one scene where Anna Kendrick's character says “sorry" and Blake Lively's character says “don't say sorry it's a fucked up female habit."

Although the whole movie is great, this line resonated with me.

I say “sorry" way too often and it is a fucked up female habit - 90% of the time there is absolutely nothing to be sorry about.

I think many females like myself are too concerned with everyone else's needs that we forget our own... yet if we prioritize ourself, we get called a bitch... but honestly, bitches get shit done.

By focusing and emphasizing yourself, you may get taken as a bitch, but you will excel in life.

Blowing off a guy to work or study? He says your a bitch, but guess what?

You're getting shit done.

I think we can start apologizing a little bit less, but start getting shit done a little bit more.

One example of this that may seem minute but is very relevant is something as simple as manspreading.

How many times have you been on a bus or a plane and a man continuously man spreads, and for each time he touches you, you apologize?

YOU HAVE NO NEED TO.

When you don't, he will think “wow what a bitch," but if you keep in mind that bitches get shit done you'll just thank him.

One more time for my ladies in the back, stop apologizing and remember bitches get shit done.