When God Asks You To Come Stand On The Waves

Fear is unavoidable, but we can remember these truths.

82

” Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”Joshua 1:9

“But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1

“They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, ‘Their hands will get too weak for the world, and it will not be completed.’ But I prayed, ‘Now strengthen my hands.'” Nehemiah 6:9

“The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8

When God calls us into the unknown, we can either respond fearfully or faithfully. Of course, even if we respond in faith, there is a big chance we will still wrestle with fear.

Here are some encouragements to remember when you are struggling with fear in the midst of moving in faith while following God’s will.

1. Know that the Lord goes before you: He is a God of miracles who knows where you are headed long before you do. He is not surprised by anything, and because He goes before you–He has made a way for you to follow.
  2. He is faithful: Think of all the times that He has showed up in your life. Was there ever a time that He didn’t come through or didn’t make a wrong right?
  3. He is greater than your fear: To you, your fear may seem like a Goliath, and all you have against it is a stone. Know that God stands before you, and He is multitudes bigger and stronger than that fear.
  4. Your fears do not control you. God does: It’s easy to be controlled by fear. We tend to base our decisions or reactions off of fear. Take a step back and know that though your fears may control your for a moment, giving God the ultimate control over your life and your decisions has the power to change everything. Give Him your situation, He will handle it. Give Him guidance in your decisions and actions, He will show you the way when you listen. When you give reverence to your fears; when you fear consequences more than you fear the Lord, you allow the enemy to win.