What Would I Do On My Last 24 Hours?

What Would I Do On My Last 24 Hours?

What would you do on your last 24 hours?

694
What Would I Do On My Last 24 Hours?
ThriftyFun

It is not unusual for someone to dream about falling from the top of the building and feeling your whole body go through an attack to wake you up. I believe it isn't unusual to dream or just think about dying either. Not in the sense that you want to die, but just like you would have a dream of someone in your family dying - you could dream about yourself dying. I have had dreams about this, and I always wake up with the feeling of my wet pillow due to all of the sweat and agony that I go through during my dream. All of this has made me wonder what I would do if I knew I only had 24 hours left to live.

I would like to wake up with my parents next to me. We would all be cuddled up, and once we are all ready to step out of bed, we would go to the kitchen. My mom would prepare these amazing Hawaiian breads with Nutella for me, with a glass of milk only half full. She would then prepare toast for herself and my dad, and we would start eating. During breakfast, we would be talking about some stories that would make us laugh, cry, and do both. After we are done with breakfast, we would go on a walk. It would feel like an endless walk. On the way, we would stop by the hair salon and we would all cut our hair in whatever way we wanted to (even if it’s the wildest haircut ever). After that, we would keep walking on our way to Culvers. My mom and I would order the “Culver’s Deluxe Double, Value Basket” with Lemonade, while my dad would order the “Sourdough Melt Double, Value Basket” with Coke Zero. We would gossip and gossip while we enjoyed our food for hours. Once we are done eating, it would be time to be with my friends.

My friend Niki and I would do a killer workout and run to the pool where the Emilies, Alyssa and Sarina would be waiting for us with glowsticks. I would want to touch the water for the last time. We would be in the water for what would feel forever, and play as many games as we could. All of my other friends would come over after for a bonfire, and we would all sit around next to each other. We would all forget about the fact that I would only have a couple hours left.

Around 9 o’clock, we would shower and dress up with the fanciest outfits we have. We would go to eat dinner at whatever fancy restaurant we wanted, where I would then finally be able to see my friend Chandra dance. It would be magical. After this, we would all be dancing all types of songs that we could sing to as loud as we wanted. I would teach Mary and Riley how to dance Latino songs. I would let Shria sing “Despacito” as much as she wanted with me. I would make posters of “Dadam” with Norman. I would juggle balloons with Maggie, Mia, and Daphne. I would sit on the roof with Eman and Saria while we ate pretzels with Nutella. I would cry and laugh with Malu, Patri and Pedro. I would then go back home.

When I get home, my mom and dad would be there with their pajamas on. I would change, and we would all go back to my bed. We would lay down and talk and talk. The lights would be off, and we would be slowly falling asleep - trying our best to stay awake to not waste any second. We would be hugging tightly without any care in the world if we are getting too hot or too uncomfortable. Nevertheless, we wouldn't be able to stay awake for long, and we know that. My dad will start kissing me (a lot like always), and my mom would start to make butterflies with our eyelashes. We would then fall asleep and say our goodbyes.

And that is how I would like to spend my last 24 hours.