What I Wish I Had Known As A High School Senior

Because your senior year will fly by, and before you know it, you'll be graduating!

9
Chris Reader

It seems like just yesterday that I walked across the stage and received my “diploma” (it was actually mailed to me once they ensured I returned my cap and gown). I vividly remember listening to my classmates give speeches and watching my sophomores sing in the choir. But I also remember the stress that led up to my graduation day, from worrying about classes to getting into college. There were many days where I didn't take the time to appreciate my high school life, and I hope you're able to do so!

1. Your friends will always be there for you!

2. Teachers really do care about you!

3. No one cares about your high (or low) PSAT/SAT/ACT scores.

4. You will never get to re-live your senior prom!

5. Study groups will save you from breaking down in a difficult class.

6. Let underclassmen start to take on larger roles in clubs and organizations as you prepare to leave.

7. You should never choose your college based on another person!

8. Grades are NOT everything (but yes, they’re important).

9. Take advantage of the photo ops that come with senior year - take all of the selfies, group pics and senior pics you want!

10. College will not get any easier because professors will expect more of you!

11. The freshman 15 is definitely a thing to watch out for!

12. Having a guy best friend will (probably) not work out

13. Enjoy all of the lasts that come with senior year. Reminisce of the previous years and make this one the very best!

14. Don't be afraid to ask questions, because it's worse when you don't understand or know.

15. It's perfectly fine to reuse college application essays (and scholarship ones).

16. Always get on your teacher’s good side, especially if you want letters of recommendation!

17. Stay involved. It's easy to lose interest in your clubs as you get closer to graduation, but it will really hurt their transitions.

18. You might not be the best at everything, even though you're the oldest in the school...and that's okay.

19. You will never have another year that's filled with as much fun, laughter and joy during your senior year, so enjoy it!!

This is dedicated to my sophomores who will never ever be seniors.