What To Do When Your Phone Dies

What To Do When Your Phone Dies

You ever thought of the endless things you can do when your phone dies on a road trip?

81
What To Do When Your Phone Dies

You know those are the dreaded numbers that we hate to see creeping up on our phones on a long and drawn out trip -- 5%, 4%, 3%... When your phone dies, the first  thing I would say is to plug that thing into a charger ASAP. But if you are one of those unlucky souls who do not have a charger, or a rechargeable battery, may God have mercy on your soul. Being without your phone is like being without a whole arm for the day; it hurts and it is not enjoyable for you or anyone around you. Our life is so completely dependent on our phones, that if we don't have access to our phones for more than two hours we suffer from a panic attack because we cannot check who favorited our last tweet.

What I will try to do is not easy, but I will attempt to give you some tips about what you can do when your phone dies on a trip. No, one of these things is not to cry and fall into the fetal position.

The first thing to do when your phone dies is play some good old car games like, Eye Spy. It seems pretty archaic, and it's not like playing Candy Crush or Angry Birds, but it will keep you pretty entertained for the time being. If you are not in the mood for some Eye Spy, then you could play punch buggy. This is a classic take on beating someone senseless whenever a punch buggy shows; it is also really fun but will leave you pretty sore.

Another thing that you can do when your phone dies is to actually have a conversation with the person in the car with you. If you are like me, and you tend to hate people sometimes, then it will be very hard. If anything that comes out of a person's mouth pisses you off, then this will be no easy feat, but it is better than sitting in silence for a good three or four hours. If you need any topics to bring up, just keep it short and simple; anything else will probably set you off and you might fall into a coma.

I know life without a phone is rough. My biggest piece of advice is to never let your phone die while on a trip. Keep it charged at all times and have a rechargeable battery pack, if you can afford it. You don't want to have to play car games and actually talk to people in a car.