What We Know About The New GOP Health Care Plan

Obamacare 2.0

2

We've been waiting a pretty long time to receive the new health care plan and have endured many a republican teasing us with hints like "It'll be coming soon." and "It's better than Obamacare". So now that it has been written up, what do we know about it exactly?

1. It is fully repealing and replacing Obama care.

2. It's actually still pretty similar to Obama care, so much so in fact that some conservatives are a little angry about it.

3. Coverage for people with pre-existing conditions will stay intact.

4. Children will still remain on their parents plan until they turn 26.

5. Premiums will be replaced by tax credits which means that Planned parenthood will be defunded (they will be banned form receiving medicaid reimbursements for a year) and Medicaid expansion will be phased out (this means that millions will be kicked out of the program). Also with the introduction of tax credits, there will be more tax breaks. A person in their 20's will get a tax credit of 2000$ and a person in their 50's-60's will get a tax credit of 4000$. So what is the problem with that? Well it makes it incredibly hard for people to afford healthcare when they only are paid minimum wage which is obviously more apparent for young people just entering the work force.

6. It has been quoted to be "Awe-inspringinly awful"

7. There will be huge tax cuts for the wealthy. Those in the top 0.1% will get an average tax cut of 195,000$.

8. The individual mandate is done away with. This was a huge issue for many people but what they don't understand is that it could lead to the market to collapse. Why? Well the more people that have this insurance means that there is less risk in joining. Plus with more people paying, more people will be able to have their bills covered. If too many young people decide to wait until they are sick to get health insurance, that means that the only people in the risk pool are older. With such a small group of people paying, premiums will raise which will cause many people to drop the insurance and the entire plan collapses. So stop fucking complaining about the individual mandate.

9. The bill might be killed before it's enforcement. The plan simply does not make sense. It takes money from the poor and puts it in the pockets of the rich. Too many republicans disagree with its policies.

Overall, the new GOP Health Care Plan is just idiotic. If you are worried about it's enforcement please write to your local representative and take part in town hall meetings.

Sources:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/gop-bill-se...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-...