A Reply to “So, What Are You Doing After Graduation…?”

Trust the process and you'll be alright.

414
Graduation
Instagram

This is a response to 'So, What Are You Doing After Graduation?'

I do have to be honest that I also had no idea on what I wanted to do after graduation like the author mentioned. I knew I wanted to get a job and work but was that all? Like the author, I also did question who I’ll still be in contact with the in the long run. I didn’t keep in touch with anyone from high school, except for a few who went to the same college as me. After college, which I graduated almost four years ago, I’m still in touch with several friends from there. Glad I did because I do cherish my friendships with them. Life after graduating from college was a roller coaster for me and did not expect myself to be where I am today.

Almost four years later after college graduation, I did have trouble getting a career job. With my parents’ help, I’ve stayed home and enrolled in graduate school to get my Masters in Business Administration online while looking for federal internships. While doing graduate school, I also did freelance writing and got published on several online publications while also volunteering online with a couple of nonprofits. During the middle of everything I was doing, COVID hit, which I did not expect all. The world went into lockdown. It stinks that I could not meet anyone in person, especially my friends but thankfully I had Zoom and social media to stay connected. Eventually, I ended up getting a federal internship, which later turned into a full-time permanent job after I’ve earned my masters degree back in 2021. Funny how things turned out to be this way and for that I’m thankful.

Fast forward to 2023, I currently do pageantry, trying to get into the modeling world, do freelance writing more, create content for my social media projects, volunteer way more, build my LTK creator shop page, and just recently switched jobs. It’s been a lot on my plate but it’s all worth it in the end. I don’t actually question what would happen to me next but as life goes on as I move away further from my college years, I’m not going to be afraid. I go with the flow and see where life will take me. Hopefully, it will take me back to dance at some point because from where I live, there’s barely any opportunities for adult dancers like myself. The time will come when I move out from my current home and go straight back to dance but for now, I’ll focus on other stuff.

My college years are far away for me now since it’s been almost four years. I’ve grown up so much since then and will continue to grow. College prepared me for my growth and beyond. Life after post graduation is not the end, but just the beginning. It’s the beginning where you’ll truly discover yourself and who you are exactly as you navigate the next journey in your life. You’ll be alright. And my advice is to trust the process. I know I did and it worked out for me in the end.