A Very Short List of What I'll Miss Most About High School

There may not be much, but there is some.

10
The Verge. com

As the first semester comes to a close for many high school seniors, the thought of moving on from high school is somewhat a relief for some people, and frightens others. No matter what anyone's thought of moving on from their high school days is, everyone shares the same things they will miss from high school.

1. Snow Days

Nothing is better than waking up to the sound of the robo-call of your school saying school has been cancelled for the day, or getting the text from your local news. Snow days call for staying inside and drinking hot chocolate and binge watching Netflix all day. Although these days can come in serious clutch at the end of the semester or near holiday break, we usually don't use them to our advantage rather than to sleep until noon.

2. The Serious Lack of Studying

It is no secret that many high school students have mastered the art of getting good grades by doing the least amount of work as possible. The days of cramming for huge Calculus test the lunch before and still pulling off an A is coming to an end. For most people, putting in at least 2 hours of studying a week is a lot, let alone the crazy work load that will come from college.

3. Final Exams

With colleges taking their final exams right now, we all see our friends ranting on social media about how finals week is their own personal hell. Many high school across America offer a chance to bail out on the final exam if you meet the attendance, discipline and academic guidelines that allow you to be excluded from the final. However, whether you come to every class in college or not one at all, you will still be taking the final. The days of cramming for your history test and knowing you will never need to know that information again past third hour is soon over.

4. The Drive to School

For most people, this is something we surely take for granted but shouldn't. No more two minute drive to your local high school, and it may be 25 degrees and you're wearing a dress and boots and that's totally fine for high school. But in college, you may have a 15 minute walk across campus that could turn into 30 due to the terrible weather conditions. Or in September when it's blistering hot and you have to make the walk. It's time to invest in a pair of walking shoes soon, and ditch the Kohls brand Uggs and Vans at the admissions office.