What It Means to be Truly Happy

What It Means to be Truly Happy

2100
What It Means to be Truly Happy

Everybody wants to be happy in life. Every parent wants their child to be happy. If you ask most people what their goal in life is, it would be happiness. How to get happiness is the real question that everybody struggles with. People think that you can achieve happiness with success, or enough friends, or materialistic items such as clothes, houses, or cars, but that is not how true happiness is achieved.

Happiness is a choice. Every day, you have the ability to wake up and choose to be sad or you choose to be happy. Being happy means being content with yourself and being able to look in the mirror and like who you see. So how do you do that?

You cannot depend on others for your happiness. Having great friends and family is a huge blessing, don't get me wrong, but everyone is human and humans mess up. Your friends and your family will always fail you. They probably won't mean to, but everyone makes mistakes. You cannot depend completely on the people you surround yourself with to bring you happiness.

You have to realize that you are not in control of anything and accept it. Everybody has good days and bad days. You have to be able to not let your circumstances define your happiness. You must be able to realize that everything happens for a reason and, usually, everything turns out good in the end. If you let things go, and move past them, you will be a much happier person.

You have to be able to forgive. Everyone will make mistakes and hurt you at some point in your life. You have to forgive them and not hold whatever they did against them. Life is too short to spend it angry at someone for something they might have done to you.

Practicing these three things daily will make you a happier person. So remember to wake up and choose happiness every day because life is way too short to be sad.