What Makes Harry Styles Beautiful

What Makes Harry Styles Beautiful

When you look at what he's done it ain't hard to tell...

395
What Makes Harry Styles Beautiful
Wordpress

You probably know a few catchy One Direction songs, but how much do you know outside of their music careers? Everyone is talking about Harry Styles cutting his beloved hair last week for the Little Princess Trust, a charity giving real-hair wigs to boys and girls that have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses, but what else has he used his fame to do? Let’s take a minute to look back on all the other amazing things this real-life angel has done over the years.

1. Alzheimer's Association

Back in December of 2012, One Direction signed a t-shirt to auction on eBay to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society, which is working toward the advancement of research, promotion of brain health, and support for those with Alzheimer’s disease. Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive of Alzheimer’s Society said, “Money raised from the auction will help people live well with dementia and fund research to find a cure. The boys support will help us reach new audiences and raise awareness of dementia amongst younger people.”

2. Comic Relief

The band visited Africa where they met children with life threatening diseases and used that footage to make their “One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)” cover music video. They gave 100 percent of the profits from their Red Nose Day single to Comic Relief. They also donated the clothes they wore in Africa and their outfits from the first performance of “One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)” at the BRIT Awards to Comic Relief to sell through eBay. Overall, One Direction also helped raise £2million for Red Nose Day 2013.

3. Global Poverty Project

One Direction, as well as many other artists, gave free concert tickets to the Global Citizen Tickets Initiative, a program designed to reward social activism with concert tickets. Fans could earn points to win tickets by doing a variety of social actions such as signing petitions and calling their local representatives. The Global Poverty Project’s goal is to spread education and advocacy to catalyze the movement to end extreme poverty.

4. Trekstock

Harry Styles and Liam Payne participated in an auction to spend a night hanging out with a fan to raise money for Trekstock, a charity created to give support, information, and access to rehabilitation specialists for young adults with cancer. Harry and Liam also gave rewards to those who gave donations such as a special thank you video, bracelets, and t-shirts.

5. Live Love Move

In 2013, One Direction teamed up with Office Depot to create the '1D+OD Live Love Move’ campaign to fight against bullying in schools. Their slogan is “Live kind, love everyone, move together against bullying” Some of the profits were used fund an anti-bullying educational program and raise awareness.

6. Stonewall Gay Rights Charity

Harry posted a picture in 2014 to show support for the Stonewall Gay Rights Charity, the largest LGBT rights organization in Europe. Their website says, “Our mission is to make sure everyone is accepted without exception. That means supporting all ages, genders and ethnic backgrounds. It means supporting people of all faiths and none. It means supporting disabled people, asylum seekers, people experiencing social exclusion and poverty. It means not limiting what we do in the UK to one city or nation and not limiting what we do around the world to the places that always make the news. It means supporting your right to be you.”

7. "He For She" Campaign

On September 25, 2014 (the same day I saw 1D in concert) Harry posted a picture on his personal Instagram saying, “I'm supporting @UN_Women and @EmWatson in #HeForShe
As should you..” Created by UN Women and Emma Watson, "He For She" is a movement for gender equality inviting men get involved in the feminist movement to help take action against discrimination and violence against women.

8. Nepal Earthquake

After the earthquake in Nepal in April of 2015, Harry showed his support for the Nepali citizens by tweeting, “Thinking about everyone involved in the Earthquake in Nepal.. Such awful news.’ Then later in the day posted a link to the giving page saying, “To help those affected by the devastating earthquake in Nepal, text: DONATE5 to 70008 and give £5. Thank you @savechildrenuk”.

9. Lalela Project

During One Direction’s On The Road Again Tour in 2015, Harry visited students at the Lalela Project, an organization that provides arts education to at-risk youth in Cape Town, South Africa. A source said, “Harry decided to go to the Lalela Project all by himself and he really impressed kids and workers there. He offered all of the students concert tickets and spoke to them at length about their lives.”

10. World Water Day

Harry posted pictures on his Instagram on World Water Day 2015 and 2016 to help raise awareness to the global water crisis. He wrote on this year’s picture, "It's World Water Day. Everyone should have clean water. @drop4drop"

Harry and the rest of One Direction have contributed to many other causes as well including: Believe in Magic, Greenpeace, Mines Advisory Group, Nordoff Robbins, Small Steps Project, and Sport Relief, and creating Action/1D. So there it is, proof that there is so much more to Harry Styles than just his angelic voice and incredibly pretty face. He continuously goes out of his way to raise social awareness and make an impact on the world, as well as act as a role model for his fans. We should all follow the example he leads.