DO WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL ALIVE

DO WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL ALIVE

stop trying to please people

1046
DO WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL ALIVE
Favim.com

DO WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL ALIVE BECAUSE THIS IS YOUR LIFE.

We often get so caught up in what is socially acceptable, popular, or "safe", but this is a reminder to do what makes you feel alive in every aspect of your life. We only get one shot at this thing, and it is important to be happy and do what you love above all. So, some simple ways to change things and do more of what makes you feel alive are: change your hairstyle to one that is fun, buy clothes that you like regardless of what others think, wear makeup the way that YOU like it without fear of judgement from others, listen to the music that YOU like ALL the time, and do things that make you happy.

This seems like such a simple concept, but it's one that many people don't even think about trying. I know so many people who live to please their parents, siblings, or society in general. But, it is so important to do the things that you like, because it your life after all. So, I urge you to wear the things that you like, even if it means that your friends disapprove of it. I urge you to wear your hair however you want to, because as long as your are content, the rest will follow suit.

An example of this is wearing what you like. Clothes are such an important part of my life, because I love fashion and it's something that makes me feel good. My fashion statements aren't always exactly "normal" and my dad sometimes disapproves of what I wear. I love my dad with all of my heart, but I will not change what I wear for anyone, because if I like what I'm wearing and I feel beautiful, then my mind can not be changed. I love clothes, and it is one way that I can express myself creatively, and feel alive. So, while I respect my dad's opinion, when it comes to my clothes I do not compromise. I was not born to wear boring khaki clothes or be covered from head to toe at all times, and what I wear is entirely my choice, which makes me feel free.

When you live in the way that makes you feel most alive, you will be more optimistic and feel enlightened. If living the way that makes you feel most alive means being vegan, then be vegan. If that means that you decide to walk on the path less followed, then go ahead you trail blazer. You were not created to slip nicely into a plastic mold, nor were you created to please anyone.

So, please yourself, and be the truest version of yourself starting today. It will make you feel alive.