Bucket List

What I didn't know would be on my Bucket List

A list of things that I have done that I didn't know would be on my bucket list until I did them:

54
Brittney Rust

Here is a list of things that I have done that I never expected to enjoy as much as I did. If I hadn't done these, they may have never made it to my bucket list, but instead I was able to cross them off before I was able to write it on the list.

Try Zumba classes

I wasn't too thrilled when my mom suggested trying a Zumba class in my hometown, but since my she convinced me that it would be fun I tried it. To my surprise, I really enjoyed everything about the class: the moves, the workout, the music, and the instructors. Trying Zumba once made me go back again for their classes twice a week. Because of this, I also tried Pilates and Yoga classes at a local gym.

See my favorite band in concert

I had made plans with a friend to see my favorite band, LANY, in concert. This was my first time purchasing general admission tickets and I knew I wanted to be close to the stage. I waiting in line on the sidewalk for seven hours to see the show and it was so worth it.

Host a murder mystery party

I hosted a murder mystery birthday party in seventh grade. I invited my friends over and gave them a specific character to come dress as. To my surprise, everyone went all out with their costume choices. My mom and sister hid clues around my house and planned a "crime scene" for us to solve. It was a lot of fun getting into the actual mystery, and being with my friends. I didn't think everyone would like it as much, but many people still remember it!

Take a surfing lesson

When I was young, my mom and grandma took me and my sister to Hawaii. While there, my sister wanted to cross "surfing" off of her bucket list. Honestly, I had no intention of joining her because I was pretty scared to try it. My mom convinced me to go with my sister and I had a great time. The instructor took us into the ocean and we got to practice riding waves. I had a lot of fun and was really glad that I gave it a try.

Go to South America

My idea of traveling to another country was going to Europe or some tropical island in the middle of no where. I never expected to love traveling to South America as much as I did. In 2015 I went with a youth team to Bogotá, Colombia. I loved the coffee, the view from the mountains, the food, and especially the friendly people I was able to meet.

Be a bridesmaid

Here's another thing that I can thank my sister for. I was able to be a bridesmaid in her wedding in 2016. I loved getting dressed up, standing next to my sister while she got married, and helping pick the decorations and dress for the big event. My favorite part was giving a speech during the toasts at dinner.

Take a painting class

Although my parents call my the artistic one in the family, I still don't believe I am very good at drawing, let alone painting. To fill a credit for arts, I decided to take a painting class. (It was the only class option being offered that semester so I had to.) I was nervous to start painting, and I didn't walk away from the class being the next Picasso, but I did learn some techniques and found a new way to relax.

Attend a masquerade dance

During my freshman year of high school I went to a masquerade themed dance at my school. Although I didn't meet my prince charming like in A Cinderella Story, I did have fun dancing with my friends with a cool, feathery mask.

Be in the newspaper for catching a large fish

My dad likes to take me on "extreme" fishing trips in Minnesota. Over Memorial Day weekend this year, I caught a 43 inch and 41 inch Northern Pike. Not only did I catch two amazing fish, my dad sent the Ely Echo's North County Angler and they published two of the pictures (in color!) in their printed newspaper.

Thankful for adventure, thankful for new experiences. I am glad that I was able to try all of these wonderful things and cross them off of my bucket list.