Put Down Your Phone And Find Your Happy Place

According to psychology, happiness is state of mental well-being. Take care of your mental health.

23
Frank Mckenna

In the day where phones have become the most important valuable in everyone’s life, people tend to take their surroundings and their health for granted.

Everyone has a special place where they go to seek comfort, to relax or to find themselves. In the midst of a busy life where everything is moving at a fast pace, when I'm having a bad or a stressful day all, I can think about is retracting to my happy place. You must be wondering--is there is such a place that can make you truly happy?

The answer is YES! If a place makes you feel peaceful or content even momentarily, you are happy because happiness is a collection of small moments.

Going to the beach and hearing the waves crashing on the shore could be someone’s happy place, or indulging into a book on a rainy day could be someone else’s felicity. There are thousands of possibilities where the person feels safe and secure and everything just makes sense for those few moments.

I find my bliss when I am with my best friends who are thousands of miles apart in different locations. It is my place where we create our world filled with endless deep conversations, even forgetting that phones exist! In the modern day world, yes, I do have a happy place where social media is not needed. For those few moments, everything falls together as we enjoy each other’s presence and feel loved.

I have learned that you don't remember the things or activities you did, but you remember the people associated with the cherished memories. I miss my special place where I feel content, but I have enough memories made to remember how special it is until I get to go back and make some more.

For our mind’s well-being, it is important to have time apart from the phone that we have in our hands all the time. Checking the Instagram feed every ten minutes even though there might be nothing new or Snapchat stories of other people and what they’re up to are acts that can have an adverse effect on building interpersonal relationships with others. I experienced this a couple of times myself when I used to check on all the social media apps, even when I was out with someone very important to me. At that point I realized, my happy place is being compromised.

This is one place where you get to be yourself without worrying the about the competitive, fast world. Don't compromise those few minutes with having a phone and checking on what is going on with everyone else.

Leave your phones for a while, indulge in yourself, cherish the people around you, and, most importantly, find your special place.