What Goes Through Every Sorority Girl’s Mind When They Hear The Word 'Mandatory'

Is “I don’t want to go” an appropriate excuse?

9

There is nothing worse about being in a sorority than all the required events. You have mixers, philanthropies, initiation, formal meals, recruitment, and worse of all: chapter. All of these events just make every sorority girl want to crawl in bed and never get out. Now don’t get me wrong, there are great things about being in sorority. I’ve made some awesome friends and memories. Plus, the t-shirts are great. However, the word “mandatory" just makes me cringe while about 12 thoughts go through my mind...

1. Does this mean I have to put pants on?

Honestly I would never wear pants if it wasn’t encouraged by society. If I could go to chapter without them, life would be great.

2. Well, there goes my nap.

Nap time is prime time.

3. Is it too late to fake mono?

There is no way to prove that you don’t actually have mono unless someone reaches up and feels your lymphnodes.

4. Hair AND makeup must be done?

Both? The event is literally just one hour. It takes me half that time to get ready. It’s so not worth it. Besides, I don’t know how to contour.

5. Will there be boys?

Yes. I am that sad. This will encourage the aforementioned hair and makeup.

6. Okay but that fraternity is gross. No makeup.

Never mind. No boy is worth marrying in that fraternity. I’m not looking pretty because I don’t even want them to talk to me.

7. Does this event come with a t-shirt link?

You can never have too many t-shirts. Besides, the shirt for this event last year was ugly.

8. Will food be provided?

If I have to go, there better be food. You can’t interrupt my nap time AND my dinner time.

9. Am I required to stay the whole time?

Please say it’s come–and–go. Please, please, please.

10. I could always take the fine…

Stick it to the man! I do what I want.

11. Who am I kidding? I'm broke as heck.

Yeah right. I cant even afford to buy milk and I’ve needed gas for two days now.

12. Let’s get this magical event over with.

*deep breath* Here we go.