What Demi Lovato Got Wrong About the Mariah Carey-Jennifer Lopez Rivalry

Demi, that was not "Cool for the Summer."

336

As long as you don't live under a rock, you have probably heard about the recent words by Demi Lovato on the supposed feud between living-legend Mariah Carey and the 'unknown' Jennifer Lopez. On a recent post on Instagram, depicting J-lo discussing her supposed "feud" with Mariah Carey, Demi commented with:

After this, her comments were received with major criticism from Mariah Carey fans, the #Lambily, which then prompted this response:

So let us take a moment and re-visit the origins of this feud!

Behold, it is the early 2000s and we have Mariah Carey, the Artist of the Millennium, recording music for her 2001 film Glitter. And then, Jennifer Lopez steps up to the scene with Mariah's ex-husband Tommy Mottola, and stole a concept and then stole sample from Mariah in order to release her hit, "I'm Real." Tommy Mottola was trying to sabotage Mariah Carey's career after their messy divorce and he used J-lo as a vehicle to do so. But did it work?

Nope. Because Mariah went on to score a HUGE album, The Emancipation of Mimi.

The next thing that happened was the classic interview from a German TV show. The interviewer asks Mariah Carey: "What do you think about J-lo?" What could this woman respond with other than:

Mariah has referenced this iconic statement a plethora of times after, simply for the nostalgia.

Jennifer Lopez has insisted many times now that there is no real feud between them and denies there being a real problem.

But is Demi Lovato correct in suggesting that: "Jen keeps it classy"?!?

Yes this whole issue may have happened about 15 years ago, but does that really make up for the fact that Jennifer Lopez tried to push her career forward by dismissing the songbird supreme?

Demi Lovato then proceeded to quit Instagram and Twitter for 24 hours, until she made her return. However, we cannot dismiss the fact that Demi Lovato said that Mariah Carey is unnecessarily rude. Mariah Carey threw subtle shade at the actress because she was obviously upset that she wanted her to falter.

So to sum this all up, let us enjoy the jabs that occurred following the original, "I don't know her" comment.

Mariah Carey gets in-depth and personal on CNN with Larry King. When he asks about Jennifer Lopez, what does she respond with?

Mariah Carey was then asked by TMZ about the comment.

And when Jennifer Lopez deemed Mariah Carey as forgetful, because they have apparently met several times, what did Mariah have to say?

Also, Mariah Carey's self-titled debut album has outsold more than all of Jennifer Lopez's entire discography.

There you have it, folks. The moral of this story, is to not read only into what the media says, because there is always more to the story. Also don't forget to buy Poot Lovato's new album!