Wearing Makeup Isn't False Advertising

Wearing Makeup Isn't False Advertising

Makeup is not a mask, it's an art.

268
Wearing Makeup Isn't False Advertising
https://i.ytimg.com

Makeup trends come and go constantly. Currently, contouring is the technique makeup-users are trying to master. Skillfully applying makeup is tricky, and one of the best ways to learn is by watching endless YouTube tutorials. However, one of the most frustrating comments to see on beauty videos is childish boys saying, "This is false advertising," because that is just ridiculous. An ad for a Big Mac is false advertising because what I get in real life never looks as good as it does in the ads. However, when someone takes off their makeup, they're still beautiful.

Everyone is aware of makeup's existence and everyone is under the assumption that if you are female and over the age of 14, then you are wearing some type of makeup. If you see someone with bronze glitter eyelids, then you should be smart enough to know that is not what they actually look like. It is also safe to assume at this point that if they spent time to put on eyeshadow,then they did the rest of their face too. This is not misrepresentation, this is creativity.

If someone decides that they want to spend time to put on makeup, then I can nearly guarantee they did not do so to please you. They did it for themselves. It makes them feel confident. Sometimes the perfect red lipstick will make you think you can take on the world. Makeup is also ludicrously expensive and no one is going to waste product based on someone else possibly noticing.

Another point of the "argument," if that's what you want to call it, is that it is unfair that girls get to wear makeup to cover up their flaws when boys can't do the same. Well, I have a newsflash for you boys.You can wear makeup, too. No one is stopping you from applying some foundation on that blemish or filling in your eyebrows to make you feel better about yourself.

Makeup is not "false advertising" because no one is a product. So wing your eyeliner, contour your collarbones and put glitter on your eyelids because you can and you are fierce. Just remember, beauty is only skin deep and no amount of concealer can cover up an ugly personality.