We Should Focus on the Good

We Should Focus on the Good

Instead of Focusing on the Bad in Society

25
We Should Focus on the Good

With everything going on in society today, look at the good side of things. It may be hard, but most of the time, there is a bright side to any story.

If we all focused on the good instead of the tragic, or the bad and advertised it, our world would be a much happier and better place to live. We would feel safe bringing a child into this world, rather than scared for it’s well being. We could all say hi to each other and not be afraid of being stabbed or something outrageous that will most likely not happen. We all could live in harmony for once, and not have anxiety about if your loved ones are going to come home tonight safe. If we all helped each other out when we needed it, everyone could feel safe asking for help from others.

So for example, instead of looking at how awful something is, like a man getting shot, look into it, and possibly say why he didn’t run, and stood up for the safety of others. Or instead of looking at how many people died in a natural disaster, which yes it is important, look at how many people are helping those other people who are still alive. The good things of a story are never told, and I think it should change. Yes, the bad needs to be said sometimes, but also the good needs to be too. It’s kind of like how we end with a good thing someone did when we are criticizing them in a sport, or something else they did. It helps with better mental health, and so those people don’t dwell on what they did wrong. It’s the same thing with the news, we dwell on what was bad, rather than thinking of the good things that happened, because they are never said.

It needs to change though. I know it’s hard to change something much bigger than us, but we can start by saying the good things in our days, and not posting the bad things online. Since social media is kind of a news source for many people. Post about how you made an old man smile, or how a dog made a little kid so happy, instead of how rude someone was to you. The change starts with us, and I want that change to happen for the better of the world.