Do We Really Just Want It Too Bad?

Do We Really Just Want It Too Bad?

Because something just isn't working.

98
Do We Really Just Want It Too Bad?

Ever since I can remember, there has been a trend. Every lucky penny, "11:11", birthday candle, and even eyelashes, I've always wished for the same thing and that's how bad I want to experience love. Now I know what you're thinking, everyone experiences love in their own way. So that's when I started thinking maybe I'm not being specific enough.

So then, I got more specific. I asked for a boyfriend.

Nothing.

I know I can't be the only one because there have been so many freaking movies about the girl who wants the boy so bad and then it miraculously happens. Yeah, I've haven gotten that experience yet. I know so many girls who want them the same thing. They just want someone to call theirs. However, the weirdest thing I think is that the people who don't ever go looking for it, always end up with someone. My best friend in high school told me so many times she didn't believe in love and I would always look at her like "Are you serious?" Me being the lover of love, never got it.

However, sophomore year rolled around and so did her boyfriend of now three years. While I was and still am happy for her, I still couldn't help but feel jipped because she wasn't the one who wanted a boyfriend to begin with. SO that brings me to my question.

Do we really just want it too bad?

For all, you girls like me, do we just need to stop looking and some beautiful boy will drop down and surprise us? I don't have THAT high of expectations, I obviously have self-respect but the point is that I am not just missing the ones who have tried. However, I have decided to try a new tactic and I report back to all you girls who this applies to. I am going to try and take this summer for myself. Make sure that I am who I really want to be and stop my hunt for three months. I am wondering if it's true. If I stop looking, will they come to me? I guess we'll have to see. However, this summer means more than that. I think it's important to take time for yourself because boys tend to beat us up in the sense that we forget to self-love because things aren't going our way in the male department but when it comes down to it, no boy should make you feel lesser than you are.