We Aren't Kids Anymore

We Aren't Kids Anymore

You have to grow up at some point.

57
We Aren't Kids Anymore
Dribbble

The other day I was going through my memory chest. A memory chest, as some may know, is where or what most people put their pictures, documents, the things they've done in their younger years. Usually it's a tote.

I found so many things that just made me smile. Mini-stories I wrote when I was little, my practiced cursive, and some old photo albums with pictures of me and many people that have passed through my life.

Some of those people that I never speak to anymore. Some that I lost due to the nature of life. Some I graduated with. Some I still question myself about. People that have made impacts in my life, both big and small.

I recently got into an argument with an old friend and it made me realize and pick-and-choose who truly deserved to be a part of my life. You win some, you lose some. But those people that you continue to let push you down? They're not worth it. I've written about that before, so that's not really my point.

We all have to grow up at some point-in-time. Those people that choose not to act their ages? Let 'em. They'll learn someday that not everybody is going to bend to their will.

We aren't kids anymore, guys. I mean, minus those that are ACTUALLY children. But those of us who are in or out of college, making lives for ourselves? We are not children. We have expectations and things that are expected of us.

You can't sit around day-by-day on your butts and expect everything to be handed to you. You have to get up, go out and FIGHT for the things you want. Otherwise you're taking your life for granted. The only life you get. Why would anyone want to do that to themselves?

I guess what I'm trying to say, in a nicer way than some, is GROW UP. You are only given one life and so many dreams. How will you fulfill them any other way but actually getting up and going for them?

So to all of you who are too scared, too lazy, or too unmotivated? Get up and get out there. Do what you were meant to do. Don't expect everything on a silver platter, because that isn't what happens in the real world.

Get up. Get out there. Grow up.