5 Ways To Spice Up Your Fall For Less

5 Ways To (Pumpkin) Spice Up Your Fall For Less

Because who really has money for a $5 PSL?

80
https://unsplash.com/photos/kEK6JV642fQ
Freestock via Unsplash

Are you looking to start your fall season off right, but don't want to spend five or more dollars on a Pumpkin Spice Latte or $70 on a brand new sweater? Then follow these tips and tricks to enjoy this fall season without spending tons of money.

1. Try Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer. 

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Fall is a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. Who doesn't love this warm, sweet drink on a chilly Autumn day? I can see how these drinks have become a huge hit over the years. However, I personally can not afford a five dollar Starbucks drink every single morning. One tip I have is to purchase pumpkin spice flavored coffee creamer. This stuff works like a charm: pour some in your regular cup of coffee, top it off with some whip cream and any extra toppings to suit your personal desire, and bam, you have a homemade pumpkin spice latte.

2. Go thrift shopping. 

If you're in need of a new flannel or some comfy oversized sweaters, hit up your local thrift shops for the extra layers. My personal favorite places are Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and local ones.

3. Decorate for less. 

Want to decorate your dorm or apartment, but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on Halloween decorations? Look around at what you already have! A fun idea I personally enjoy is filling Mason jars with candy. These can be purchased at Walmart or another grocery store for around a dollar a piece and makes adorable decorations! Plus, who doesn't love candy?

4. Have a home theater movie night.

Want to do something fun for the fall, but don't want to drop $40 on a corn maze? Then, invite some friends over, make some delicious snacks, and watch your favorite Halloween movies. Netflix has great selections such as "Raw," "The Babadook," and much more. So get cozy and invite your gal pals over for a scare-filled movie night.

5. Make homemade fall themed snacks.

You can't have Fall without pumpkin sugar cookies! Some of my personal favorite snacks include popcorn mixed with M&M's; this sweet-savory treat will satisfy all cravings. Want a healthier alternative? Try apples with caramel! Candy is also always an option!

Hopefully these few tips helped you want to improve your fall season without emptying out your wallet.