holiday depression

Don't Forget About Your Friends With Holiday Depression

A lot has changed about the holidays over the years. Many family members have gone, and it seems like the holiday aren't the same.

2

I love the holiday season. I love the smells and always look forward to decorating. A lot has changed about the holidays over the years. Many family members have gone, and it seems like the holiday aren't the same.

With this, I learned to start bringing awareness of holiday depression. Some people can't visit loved ones, or maybe some people don't have any loved ones to visit, some may not have enough money to participate in holiday festivities.

The holidays are a time to be with family and friends. So check on people to see how they are feeling. Find ways to give back to those in need. check in on friends or family who seem to isolate themselves around this time of year.

Let them know they are appreciated.

If you are someone who deals with holiday depression, try to stay positive, and speak to a counselor and maybe even try light therapy. Use your time to volunteer and set reasonable holiday expectations. Focus on self-care and not getting to overwhelmed. Remember to have fun!