Strange, Risky and Effective Ways to Learn Things

2198

Since our childhood most of our teachers have been cultivating the idea that a traditional set of learning methods is the right (if not the only) way of gaining knowledge. The conservative ways of education can be tremendously monotonous and limiting to our minds. Moreover, a lifestyle that strictly dictates a person to study only by reading books, writing essays and re-writing the same lab reports can cause serious damage to our engine that is called "curiosity". To always regain a fuel stock for our inquisitiveness it is extremely important to think and act outside of the box. And these are the methods that will take you to these fascinating and inspiring places.

Have no limits in your imagination

Scientific mindset makes us question everything. However, some of the people who were raised in well-mannered families have a lot of obstacles that they mistakenly consider to be ethical standards. Thus, a courteous kid might not even think of giving a good look on someone with blue skin, as he will consider it a disrespectful act towards that person. On the other hand, a kid who is not infected with the surplus of kindness will look at it as an opportunity to discover the origin of this unusual pigment. He might be smart enough to know how to start a conversation with that person, so that he could find out more about this phenomenon firsthand. That is why one should get rid of erroneous moral concepts imposed by society. That way you will allow yourself to be productive at studying the universe to the full extent. Do not just stay on the level where people think good about themselves and see only the tip of an iceberg.

Be able to distinguish an idiotic idea, from a good one

The main principle that drives people to learn more about the world is the benefits from the ability to use the new knowledge. That is why it is silly idea to examine things that will bring nothing useful to the world of science. We have only so much time. That is why it shouldn't be wasted on something like boiling a chicken egg inwardly. It would be a lot better idea to create a chemical compound that will prevent it from breaking before it is boiled in the water.

It is also important not to become a hero of theproverb "curiosity killed a cat". So make sure that you don't put your fingers in a test tube literally as well as figuratively.

Always exlpain/jusitfy your actions as a scientific curiosity

One of the most trivial set of phrases used in the cinematography is a list of rights, that policemen read to a detained character. Every adult knows this speech as good as if s/he visited law school. It starts with "You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions."

If we lived in the universe where every single movie was related to the topic of science, the overused phrase that a defendant would say in the court would sound like: "My actions were motivated by my curiosity for the science!". Unfortunately (or luckily), we live in a different universe. But in this one, the aforesaid words in many casesmight help you get away from manyminor violations. The ones that you have to make, if you want to have diverse knowledge experience

The examples ofscenarios in witch these phrases can and should be usedare listed in the nextparagraphs of the article.

Do n̶o̶t̶ touch the exhibit items

If we believe in the story of Adam and Eve, "the first" woman on Earth had balls. Sure, her curiosity cost her and her "lab assistant" exile from "the paradise", where you're not even allowed to eat apples. But the worst thing that can happen to you if you get caught examining the fascinating exhibition in your hands is the escort to the exit. Fine can be imposed only if you decide to bite the object of study(like theBible people) or break it. If you need a detailed instruction on how to reduce the chances of getting caught, you might want to check out this capacious manual.

Do tests of everything

Scientific attitude requires you not only to be focused on your main field of study that you get to do in labs of the research facilities. But it also wants you to go beyond that level. So, even if you're an astrophysicist, make sure that next to your telescope there's also a microscope. Take tests of whatever you may and may not think of. The list of your samples can include a variety of different things. And the weirder it is, the more likely you'll have fun studying it.

The following ideas that can help you think of what you can place under the lens of your microscope:

- exhibition items;

- germs of subway handrails or hospital armrests;

- samples of plates, dishes, cups of your friends.

Attend conferences to which you weren't invited

There are five reasons for you to get in the scientific conference were can be categorized as an outsider:

- you will upgrade your skills of stealthiness. Among the package of talents that are essential for any scientist, the most underrated and arguably the most important one, is the ability to do things unnoticeably. It is more important to get to the source of information, than being able to analyze it if you get lucky to receive it.

- you'll update your knowledge data. Because not all of thethings that you'll hear willgetto the headings of the news or even science magazines.

- if it's a limited-access type of conference and you still manage to get in, you'll nurture your curiosity so much that even imprisoning in a school or university with the worst educational system won't surpass it. To execute and complete the mission successfully,you might want to recourse to the guide that is dedicated specifically to this unique and adventurous topic.

- there's a good chance for you to have a hearty laugh by listening how scientists argue. Sure, you can hackle the speakeryourself. And if your line will make people laugh, you're guaranteed to get the next bonus.

- you'll meet a bunch of people with interests similar to yours.

The complex of the listed things willimproveyour enthusiasm forstudying. And it will make it a lot more exciting.Your list ofuseful connections will increase. And as you study alongside with these people who perceive you as a strange, risky and brave lifelong learner - thecollectivestudy process will become a lot more fun. That is in case you don't connect with boring people who dislike breakingtherules like you will (hopefully).

Bio:

Zack Hargrove is a remote editor-in-chief at writing service, remote work evangelist and blogger. Besides his enthusiasm for musical instruments, he enjoys exploring different branches of the science such as a biology and astrophysics. He also is very passionate about sharing his ideas on how to keep your curiosity safe from the damage of educational system and its demotivating soldiers.