Ways to Celebrate Christmas in NYC Without Going to Rockefeller Center

There is not much that is more magical than NYC during Christmastime. While Rockefeller Center is a must, there are plenty of other places in NYC to celebrate the holiday season.

63

This is one of my FAVORITES. The Bryant Park Winter Village has a tree, an ice skating rink, and tons of little shops that have everything from food to every time of Christmas gift you could image. They have dozens of pop-up shops of your favorite brands as well as many local artisans.

live.staticflickr.com

Dyker Heights in Brooklyn has the most incredible decorated houses EVER. Taking a trip down to this part of Brooklyn is totally worth it. The houses are decorated in ways you would never even think of decorating your own house. Parking is a pain, so plan to carpool!

Union Square Holiday Market

Union Square is great at all times during the year, but especially during the winter. While during the summer they often have farmer's markets in the park, there is a Christmas market in the winter. The stands have all kinds of goodies you can try and buy!

farm6.staticflickr.com

Grand Central Terminal Holiday Fair

If a NYC winter is too much for you, try visiting the Grand Central Terminal Holiday Fair. This market is indoors! You can browse through more than 40 artisans' unique work.

upload.wikimedia.org

Have fun getting in the holiday spirit!