4 Reasons To Watch 'Love Island' Instead Of 'Bachelor In Paradise'

4 Reasons To Watch 'Love Island' Instead Of 'Bachelor In Paradise'

I'm fed up with the scripted "twists."

195

If you haven't heard of the British dating show "Love Island", you're missing out. It's pretty much a better version of "Bachelor In Paradise", and honestly, it puts the American dating show to shame. There are many reasons why you shouldn't waste your time watching BIP and watch "Love Island" instead, and I will break down them down for you.

1. The raw humor.

In recent seasons, BIP contestants and producers have tried way too hard to be funny. From the cringe-able opening credits to the horrible attempts to be funny by all the fame-hungry bachelors and bachelorettes, it can really become hard to watch at times.

However, "Love Island" always does a great job at casting people who are genuinely happy-go-lucky people with actual senses of humor, and you will always be entertained by the hilarious couples' challenges and gossip. I've never laughed out loud so hard at a show in my life.

2. The authenticity.

It's no secret that BIP is incredibly scripted at times. Sometimes it literally seems like people are reading off of a teleprompter during their confessionals. And trust me, I've spent too many hours watching people pursue fake relationships on BIP just to stay in the game, and their acting isn't quite Oscar-deserving.

"Love Island" tends to seem a lot more authentic - whether it really is or not. The emotions are raw and unfiltered, the language isn't edited, and everything just seems a lot more real and relatable. There's something about "Love Island" that makes me feel like I've known the islanders my whole life and really can relate to where they're coming from in every situation, not that they're just putting on a show to secure their spot in the next spin-off series.

3. The satisfying eliminations.

Unlike BIP, eliminations on "Love Island" are almost always made by the public, so we don't have to sit there and watch the annoying drama like the Colton and Tia drama happening during this season of BIP if we don't want to. If we don't like a person or a couple, we can vote for them to leave - it's as simple as that. And honestly, it's very satisfying to see someone you can't stand get dumped from the island. And the bad characters almost always get eliminated immediately.

4. The success rate.

Although there have been a few success stories from BIP, like Carly and Evan and Jade and Tanner, relationships formed on "Love Island" tend to have a lot better chance to last on the outside. Many couples from "Love Island" are still together, and I think that all goes back to the authenticity of the show. Although some people may go on the show for fame, most of them really do what to meet a life partner, and therefore, many of them successfully do. Those who go on BIP seem to just want screen time over a real relationship.