Holidate: The Year-Round Rom-Com

Holidate: The Year-Round Rom-Com

It's sweet and silly with a surprising sense of realism

720
Holidate: The Year-Round Rom-Com

This is a response to It’s Time To Rekindle Your Love For Autumn With 'When Harry Met Sally'

It is almost the holiday season, which means that for college students that it is time to come home, eat some good food, spend time with family, and overall just recuperate from the stresses of the fall semester. While there is all the fun and festivities of the holidays, there are also the questions that every young adult dreads; the "Are You Dating Yet? or "Do You Have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend" questions. That is the go-to question from every nosey aunt or grandma. Whether you're in a relationship or you're single, that question gets annoying after hearing it holiday after holiday. The Netflix original movie, Holidate, brings up an idea to those who are trying to avoid that awkward question.

Holidate follows Sloane (Played by Emma Roberts), and Jackson (Played by Luke Bracey), two singles who decide to become each other's holidates. A holidate is described in the movie as a date that you only have for the holidays. The movie focuses on Sloane and Jackson's many adventures on each holiday event. Will the two just stay as holidates or will their relationship evolve into something more? That, I cannot answer for you as I believe this a movie you should see for yourself.

One of the traits that set Holidate apart from your typical Christmas rom-com is that it doesn't just take place on Christmas. It takes place on every holiday. Yes, every holiday including St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, and Fourth of July. More holidays mean more wacky rom-com-style misadventures, including one featuring some fireworks.

Whether it is Christmas time, Halloween, or not a holiday at all, Holidate is a great go-to rom-com. It may not be a critically acclaimed movie, but, it is a pretty fun time, which is what a rom-com should be. It is a sweet, silly movie with characters that have a surprising sense of realism to them that you would not typically expect from a rom-com.

So, check out Holidate this season. You won’t regret it!