Yes, you should be watching Big Little Lies. Here's why.

Big Little Lies Is Your Next Binge-Watch

Just trust me on this (and Reese Witherspoon).

86
Youtube.com

I have realized, in the very recent weeks, that not everyone in the world has watched Big Little Lies. I was honestly shocked by this information because honestly, it's one of the best shows that I've watched in a really long time. Also, it was a book written by Liane Moriarty, an amazing book, that everyone should read, and then they should go ahead and read the rest of her books because they are all AMAZING.

Okay, I digress. I decided to go ahead and do a little bit of research on Odyssey to see if, in fact, not as many people had seen this amazing show as I had. I did not see nearly enough articles on it, but god knows I saw articles on Grey's Anatomy. (no shade, I've been around for Meredith since the beginning.) Big Little Lies is a show that was critically acclaimed and widely watched, with a powerhouse of a cast, but for some reason, it didn't get the plug that it deserved from Odyssey.

Well, I'm writing again now, and I'm giving it the plug it deserves.

To start, the cast of the show included but was not limited to Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgard, Laura Dern, and now MERYL GODDAMN STREEP. The show was recently picked up for a second season, and yeah, they got Meryl Streep, a woman who literally never does tv. Have I convinced you yet? Was that not enough? No? Okay. Not only did it have an all-star cast, but it also had amazing music throughout the entire show. For proof, please go to Spotify and search 'Big Little Lies.' Trust me.

Some of the songs included.

Leon Bridges - River (Video) www.youtube.com

Michael Kiwanuka - Cold Little Heart www.youtube.com

This is just scratching the iceberg of the amazing music that you can listen to while watching a show with amazing fashion, truly honest portrayals of female friendship, five drastically different women, and an interesting storyline. yes, the only way to watch it is to watch it on HBONow, but please remember that you have a student discount there.

Just watch the show. Or read the book. Either of those two work. Just listen to me and do it.