I'm A Female Millennial Voting For Hillary Clinton

She actually has experience.

14
pixabay.com

After watching the presidential debates, I could not be more sure about who I am going to vote for. Going into the election season, I already had a pretty good idea, but after hearing the arguments and insults that Trump made, I am surer than ever that I am going to be voting for Clinton.

First, let’s start with one of the issues that I am most frustrated with – abortion. Trump has made it abundantly clear that he is pro-life. He wants to reverse Roe V. Wade which allows women to choose if they want to have an abortion. I think that this is the most personal decision a woman or a family could make and this needs to be a decision that is made within a family. It sickens me that if Trump had his way that women would not be allowed to get an abortion even if the mother is in a life-threatening situation and could die.

One of my issues with Trump directly is that he has said, “Planned Parenthood should absolutely be de-funded.” My question to him would be this: how do you expect women to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies if you are going to take away funding from this organization, making it harder and more expensive for women to get the contraception that they need?

One of my issues with people who are pro-life is that most of them try to use their religious viewpoints as to why women should not have the ability to get an abortion. However, there is supposed to be a clear division between church and state, so to try and reverse Roe v. Wade, something that has only benefitted this country and the women in this country is idiotic. If a woman does not want to have a child it is up to her what she wants to do.

Secondly, the issue of gay marriage. Trump believes that marriage is simply between a man and a woman and that is just not the case anymore. Times have changed and he needs to accept that if he wants to have a chance at becoming president. Again, I do not believe that anyone has legitimate reasons for not allowing gay marriage to be legal. Why does it matter what a person chooses to do with their life or who they choose to marry? Does it affect you personally? No? Then stay out of it. Imagine if there was a law that said you couldn’t marry the person that you wanted to because you are the same gender as them.

Thirdly, I am also going to vote for Clinton because of her budget and spending policies. Clinton wants to raise the amount of jobs that are in the United States and also raise the minimum wage which will definitely help those who are struggling to make the rent and pay the bills month to month.

Fourthly, I definitely agree with her polices on gun regulation. She wants to expand the background checks and make it harder for terrorists to get guns. I completely agree with her that while we do have the legal right to own guns, it does not mean that everyone should own guns. There are people who are domestic abusers and by allowing guns to be in their homes there is a higher chance of fatalities.

Lastly, Clinton actually has experience. She was Secretary of State and has an understanding about what actually goes on in politics. She was also the United States senator from New York and has a myriad of other accomplishments and qualifications. Trump however is a businessman, author, television producer, and politician. I do not believe that Trump has enough experience to become the next president of the United States. People love to say that they are not going to vote for Hillary Clinton because of the e-mail scandal. However, she has come forward and given a public apology and stated that if she could go back and do things differently that she would not do it the same way. Clinton actually addresses the questions that she is asked, whereas Trump just likes to give the answer that he wants to give without directly addressing the issue at hand.

Hillary Clinton is the better of the two candidates. When Election Day comes around, I will definitely be voting for Clinton.