Vote Players NL All Star Team

You Need To Vote These Players Into The National League All-Star Team

As we near the All-Star break, we should give the best players the recognition they deserve.

19
Flickr / Arturo Pardavila III
https://live.staticflickr.com/8025/29761573021_645a52bb9e_b.jpg

If you have not been keeping up with the National League so far this season, that is okay. You need to look no further than here to do your due diligence and vote for the right players to participate in this year's All-Star game. And here is the link for you to vote. All stats come from mlb.com.

This year's voting will have two rounds: one preliminary round, and one finalist round with the top three in each position (and 9 for outfielders). So, I will be selecting the top players at each position so that there are multiple choices to select from each time you vote (up to five times per day).

1st Base

1. Freddie Freeman, Braves

Freddie Freeman continues to consistently perform at a top-tier level and has returned to the homerun pace he had before breaking his wrist versus the Blue Jays last year. He is really looking good and has just set an Atlanta Brave record with an RBI in 9 straight games.

2. Josh Bell, Pirates

Josh Bell is having a career year, but he has not proven himself as Freddie has. If he continues his great performance through the rest of this season and next year, then he is a definite All-Star.

3. Pete Alonso, Mets

2nd Base

1. Ozzie Albies, Braves

Ozzie may not be having an amazing year, but it is good enough for best out of NL 2nd baseman. While he has been great from the right side of the plate as always, he is starting to heat up from the left as well and should be an easy All-Star this year.

2. Mike Moustakas, Brewers

Mike Moustakas may not hit for average but is still second in that category, with his whopping 21 home runs that helps him make his case.

3. Cesar Hernandez, Phillies

Shortstop

1. Trevor Story, Rockies

Trevor Story is being, well, Trevor Story. Ever since he was called up, Story has this magic around him that has continued into this season. He continues to hit bombs and consistent hits.

2. Javier Baez, Cubs
3. Dansby Swanson, Braves

Dansby is the wildcard in this category. He hasn't had eye-catching numbers but is easily the most improved shortstop if not overall batter in the National League this year.

3rd Base

1. Nolan Arenado, Rockies
2. Anthony Rendon, Nationals

Rendon has really flown under the radar this year despite having great success at the plate and his fair share of defensive gems and it is really unfortunate that he is not higher in the rankings.

3. Josh Donaldson, Braves

The former AL MVP is beginning to heat up and if this continues, he might be an All-Star.

Catcher

1. Willson Contreras, Cubs

It is no surprise that Willson Contreras is the league leader in most stats out of the everyday catchers, but he has been consistently been a threat in the lineup, and his success deserves to be rewarded.

2. Brian McCann, Braves

Brian McCann is having a renaissance of sorts at the plate back in his hometown of Atlanta and has already had magic with a recent walk off. So why not vote for BMac?

3. Yasmani Grandal, Brewers

Outfield

1. Christian Yelich, Brewers

If you would have told me Yelich would have 28 home runs at this point in the year a couple of years ago, I would have laughed at you. But Yelich has become a monster in Milwaukee and shows no signs of slowing down.

2. Cody Bellinger, Dodgers

Cody Bellinger started even better than Yelich's monster start, but has cooled off after hitting over .400 well into the season. If he had not cooled off, he would be the lead runner in this race.

3. Ronald Acuna Jr., Braves

Acuna is having a fantastic year and has heated up after being cold, but is nowhere near as good as Bellinger and Yelich.

4. Jeff McNeil, Mets
5. Charlie Blackmon, Rockies
6. Juan Soto, Nationals
7. Alex Verdugo, Dodgers
8. Nick Markakis, Braves
9. Marcell Ozuna, Cardinals