Updates From LA

Updates From LA

Because why not?

48
https://unsplash.com/photos/4iXagiKXn3Y
https://unsplash.com/photos/4iXagiKXn3Y

Anyone who's currently living in the LA area will know that the weather has been very, very bipolar. Like, LA make up your mind! Are you hot or are you cold? Are you yes then you're no?

Anyway, the weather is one of those things that I'm loving. I'm the type of person who prefers the cold. Yeah, you read that right. A person living in California prefers to be cold. So, the rainy season and the cool breeze that is taking over LA is literal paradise for me. The weather really reminded me of the fall and I became inspired out of nowhere. I just started to feel more positive and I woke up feeling grateful for being at USC and for being more hopeful in what I wanted to achieve for the day. Out of my short 19 years of life, this is the first time I've felt good like this and still feel it for a solid 3 weeks. I'm starting to realize what being happy feels like.

There was a quote that I found on Instagram by @thegoodquote. If you don't follow them, you should! It may sound cheesy but their positive quotes sometimes really do hit me hard. Like this one that I'd like to share with you.

@thegoodquote

It was crazy to feel as though that this simple quote could immediately make me feel 10 times better and make me realize that I could do what I wanted, no matter how long it took. I think we can all agree that this quote itself is vague and could apply to everyone (therefore the point of these long quotes), but I still see this as something surprising and amazing. Mainly because it appeared in my life just when 'everything is falling into place.' I feel like I am accelerating with my goals and I'm being more proactive than last semester and I feel good. I feel good. Damn, not even an adequate amount of exercise would release enough endorphins to make me feel that way.

I mean, I've been feeling great enough that when I visited my therapist, I didn't know what to tell her except the extreme positivity that I was encountering. It was the first session where I thought it wasn't all that depressing. It was nice. A fresh breath of air. God knows I needed that after the shit show that I went through last year.

Honestly, the point of this article is to let you know that things will happen. Bad things, annoying things, unfortunate things. But what can you do? Life's a bitch sometimes and the only thing that we, as humans, can do is to learn how to hit back or to get back up whenever life decides it wants to slap you. And when you do stand up for yourself, I think that, somehow, you get rewarded. I don't want to say it's some spiritual universe shit, but maybe it is. Honestly, who knows?

I've never been this positive with myself and my life before and I just really wanted to share this with you. Because, honestly, in 2018, I thought I was never meant to know what this felt like. But now I know. And I'm so sure you'll know someday too.