University Of Kentucky Fires Cheerleading Coaches After Hazing Investigation
Currently

The University Of Kentucky Just Fired ALL Its Cheerleading Coaches Over Hazing, And No, That's Not A Typo

The cheerleading program at Kentucky is prodigious, having won 24 national championships in its history.

21184

A three-month investigation into hazing at the University of Kentucky concluded with the firing of coaches of the cheerleading team.

The cheerleading program at Kentucky is prodigious, having won 24 national championships in its history. The fired coaches were head coach Jomo Thompson, and assistant coaches Ben Head, Spencer Clan, and Kelsey LaCroix.

However, it's the results of the investigation that are the most shocking part of the story.

According to the university's statements on the results of the investigation, some members of the team performed some exercises while either topless or bottomless, coaches failed to confiscate alcohol on a team retreat and allowed alumni to bring boats and alcohol, which resulted in some team members requiring medical attention.

Additionally, at a different cheerleading camp in Tennessee, some members were encouraged to perform "lewd chants and wear outfits that did not include underwear."

While the investigation found no evidence of sexual assault or sexual misconduct, the findings of this investigation are appalling when considering the pedigree of the program involved.